PDA

Voir la version complète : Poser 7 announced

steama
13/10/2006, 20h33
Poser 7 has been announced.:hi:

It will be interesting to see what new features it will have.

One question is will DAZ Carrara and future Poser applications be compatible?

Stan

medeamajic
14/10/2006, 12h07
I hope Carrara 6 and Poser 7 can integrate well with each other. I am not a big fan of Poser but I think it is a great program for beginners. I would like to see Carrara as an option for Poser users to improve their skills and make use of their creativity. If Poser 7 was to get the Amapi modeler and maybe even a terrain and atmosphere system then Carrara would have some serious competition. Carrara 6 may not be ready by December but I think we will get some info about Carrara 6 (hair, cloth) by the end of the year.

steama
14/10/2006, 20h39
I hope Carrara 6 and Poser 7 can integrate well with each other.
:hi: I hope so as well but I can't see it happening especially considering that DAZ appartantly can't even get the Poser SDK to make DAZ|Studio compatible with the latest past versions of Poser. It looks like efrontier views DAZ as their competition and a direct threat their Poser business. It seems to have come down to this. DAZ|Studio vs Poser, DAZ Carrara vs Shade, DAZ content vs efrontier content, DAZ Hexagon vs the original Hexagon team and future Amapi and DAZ Bryce vs Vue (efrontier's partner).

It would be a stupid business decision on efrontiers part to provide DAZ with the SDK at this point. They haven't done it yet as far as I can see.

We can hope but it looks like the marriage between DAZ Carrara and Poser is over IMHO.

Stan

Nichod
14/10/2006, 21h35
Hopefully not more of the same. Poser is nothing but a fancy 3D viewer to me. ie. views 3d content

seleneyue
25/10/2006, 18h40
I think poser is a bit more than that... it does rigging and walk cycles fairly well, and the cloth simulations will save you lots of modeling time for morphs... but as a 3d content viewer, DAZ|Studio is much more intuitive... not to mention cheaper.

Nichod
28/10/2006, 19h26
I think poser is a bit more than that... it does rigging and walk cycles fairly well, and the cloth simulations will save you lots of modeling time for morphs... but as a 3d content viewer, DAZ|Studio is much more intuitive... not to mention cheaper.

Rigging in poser is akward and overly complicated. And the walk cycles are not exactly realistic.

medeamajic
28/10/2006, 19h46
The walk editor sucks. The figures look like they are walking on ice at times. I hope the new lip sync editor for Poser 7works good because Mimic sucks.

medeamajic
01/11/2006, 21h23
The features of Poser 7 are looking good. They are releasing a little more info each week. If Carrara 6 has dynamic hair and cloth and better/faster previews with Daz/Poser figures there will be no need for us Eovians to need Poser or Transposer 2 for dynamic hair and cloth. I think it would be great if by December we can find out what Carrara 6 will offer. I am sure Daz sees Poser 7 as a threat.

If Poser 7 has a modeler, sky and terrrain editor added I may just opt to use Poser instead of Carrara. The multiple levels of undo is a big plus for Poser.

Piem
01/11/2006, 21h34
Poser or Daz figures are a tiny part of the game ..for me. And should be only a part of the game for anyone else.
I'm waiting more than a simple synergy between the dolls makers and Carrara or even Shade, why not.
I'm waiting for Carrara to be a tall boy and a global solution in the 3D world ...even more productive more precise more professional and more innovative

Carrara made a big big step ahead between version 4 and 5 ..I hope that the next step will be as important between the current version and the next one :) as it was last time.

Naes3d
01/11/2006, 23h47
With the addition of HDRI, IBL and multithread rendering, it would seem that Poser is aiming to make it easier for those who do not want to leave the Poser environment. For people who use Poser, I see the new features they have talked about are deal makers.

Silo, Hex and Wings3D character makers may even be interested in using Poser as a rendering software since their characters can be rigged in Poser.

I'm starting to think that Poser 7 is a must have upgrade for those who want to do it all in Poser. I don't think they are so concerned about remaining compatible with Carrara.

Piem
02/11/2006, 00h05
You are right
So why bother for Carrara to be "Daz or Poser figures" oriented ?
I guess that it cost a lot of work for a bunch of programers for a ridiculous price.
Carrara must knock on the door of the big ones next time. iMo

:)

medeamajic
02/11/2006, 11h37
Poser suport is a none issue for me but I do want dynamic hair and cloth. Carrara does not have this as of yet but Poser does. I am not saying we should buy Poser 7 to use content if Poser 7 offers a modeling program like Amapi. If Poser were to get a terrain and sky editor why not give it a second look as an all in one solution? You could use premade cotnent but you would not have to.

The Poser 7 rendering is much better and will infact make some Dazzers using Daz Studio opt for Poser over Carrara. All I can say is a little info about Carrara 6 (dynamic hair, lip sync editor and 3-D paint) might stop some people from buying Poser 7. As of now I doubt I will get Poser 7 but it if does have an Amapi modeler I will get it for sure

bobbygraphix
04/11/2006, 02h56
cant wait for poser 7 although i just learned poser6!

Gus512
04/11/2006, 05h05
:hi: I really deep wish , to see carrara 6 , to be in major league now . To be honest ,i Hope if daz team concentrate about what is going on outside with the Market presently! with big 3d saturate application . They could make a giant step with this soft , <<just listen people and polish this fantastic and affordable software>> .you will gain at they end. Carrara really deaserve to be a top gun software (so close now) . Give what your fidel Fans want or provide them competitive plug-in. and im sure you will gain respect an keep this talented artistic communuty with you. good luck Daz

medeamajic
08/11/2006, 11h54
It seems like Poser 7 is getting some decent features added. I am not sure if I like the layers feature but who knows what else will be added? I think Daz needs to at least anounce the new features for Carrara 6 even if it will not ship until January. For most of us Poser 7 is not big deal but many Dazzers might opt for Poser 7 over Carrara 6 because of the release date (before Christmas).

Don't get me wrong. I think Carrara is better than Poser but for content users the new features in Poser might seem better. Marketing can play a big role in the decision making. Some folks will want the free content of Poser 7 SE.

Couerl
09/12/2006, 07h43
Poser is nothing more than a betty crocker fake and bake cake oven for little girls. lol
Carrara is like the kitchen at the Marriot in comparison and I don't understand why they always come up in the same conversations. Granted its not quite the Hyatt Regency like Maya or the Hilton like 3DSMax, but you can do a lot more than bake ginger bread men in it. To simulate cloth, open hex, insert line and ctrl-lmb drag the line into any kind of cloth simulation you want. You don't even need to stop and watch the "simulation" go through the motions. ;)

(Sorry, I can't help myself) lol

medeamajic
09/12/2006, 09h33
I will try to educate you a little. Both Carrara and Poser can make use of premade content fully rigged. They are competition for each other like it or not. I think Carrara is much better but not everyone will feel the same way. Try using logic instead of anger when reading the posts.

Couerl
09/12/2006, 09h55
I'm not angry, I think it's funny and i'll educate you a little too okay?
Both the Volkswagon and the BMW have wheels and from some remote abstract point of view they could be called competitors, but really... You do the math... ;)

Dann-O
09/12/2006, 14h03
I have poser 5 and I must say that they must make rigging a bit more intuitive and more a part of the program for me to bite. I will not use premade content. I would rather suck by myself than with a lot of help from others.

medeamajic
09/12/2006, 22h01
Dann-o

I used Poser when I first started. I think Carrara is much better but for the novice users the lip sync feature of Poser 7 might be atractive.

Courel,

I think you need to do the math. You used a bad analogy. A Kia and a Lambourghini both have wheels but are they the same price? You do the math. Are they both used in the same way?

Carrara has more features than Poser but for those who use content they are infact competition. I am not a big Poser fan but Poser 7 looks decent for those who use content. I agree that Carrara can be used for more than just premade content.

Couerl
09/12/2006, 22h19
Med, Don't get me wrong please, I have nothing against Poser and I own Poser-5. I never really use it, but it's there. The math is like this: Poser sells probably 50 copies for every Carrara copy sold and they are NOT competition by any stretch.
Carrara is an all around 3D application made to be flexible for the use or creation of whatever kind of 3D you like, including the use of content if that is what makes you happy. Poser is a content editor and isn't really made for the creation of anything. I still fail to see how that makes them competition any more than Burger King and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse are.

LoneGunman
09/12/2006, 22h19
I'm not angry, I think it's funny and i'll educate you a little too okay?
Both the Volkswagon and the BMW have wheels and from some remote abstract point of view they could be called competitors, but really... You do the math... ;)

Hey, hey, hey, i OWN Volkswagon (bug), BMW is not that much better (more sporty indeed, but I prefer more funky instead) :shiny:

Poser is a very good cloth simulator (bit slow but it will do, since carrara does not have one) :p

medeamajic
10/12/2006, 01h07
courel,

You wrote the following.

I still fail to see how that makes them competition any more than Burger King and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse are.

If they both start to sell Pizza then yes they could become competition for each other. Daz Studio is slight competition for Poser even though it is free.

As some one just pointed out Carrara does not have dynamic cloth or hair. There are Daz folks (content users) who have bought Carrara 5 because they got good deals as Platinum members. Those same people would not have bought Carrara 4. For the serious 3-D animator Poser is not competition for Carrara. For those that use content then Carrara and Poser are infact competition with Daz studio and Bryce included. For stills Daz Studio and Bryce work OK.

E-Z
25/12/2006, 08h54
poser is for men that want to be boys
and play Mr dress up.

if you want animation then get Motionbuilder because its no kids game.

Couerl
26/12/2006, 06h57
My Girlfriend in college had a VW Bug and the cool thing about it was as long as you had a Swiss army knife, some duct tape and string you could fix anything on it long enough to get you home. In fact one night I taped the carburetor back on (it had 2 screws and they both came loose and fell off) and drove it 20 miles. lol

You can make fun of Poser and Daz and "little boys playing dress up" lol and I do it myself sometimes, but the truth of the matter is that when Poser came out it spawned an entirely new culture of 3d users and easily quadrupled the number of 3d users up until then. This in turn brought a lot of money into the industry and ultimately helped other programs become viable for development.
There would be no Daz without Poser and Carrara may well have died a long time ago and Hexagon and Silo and Modo and other slick programs may never even have been born without that large influx of people with interest.

Anyway, the way I see it is not to go and beat people up if you think they're no good or just playing dressup, give some enouragement instead and help them out, because everyone started with that kind of stuff. I hope Daz sells clothes like crazy and Poser 7 is a big success and I hope E-Frontier and Daz do well, because if they do well, Carrara and Hex or Amapi or whatever else new that might come out will do well too and that can only help everyone.

I just want some slick 3d painting system to round out my stills (something better than anything else I've seen yet) and then I'll worry about animating.

Nichod
26/12/2006, 17h19
My Girlfriend in college had a VW Bug and the cool thing about it was as long as you had a Swiss army knife, some duct tape and string you could fix anything on it long enough to get you home. In fact one night I taped the carburetor back on (it had 2 screws and they both came loose and fell off) and drove it 20 miles. lol

You can make fun of Poser and Daz and "little boys playing dress up" lol and I do it myself sometimes, but the truth of the matter is that when Poser came out it spawned an entirely new culture of 3d users and easily quadrupled the number of 3d users up until then. This in turn brought a lot of money into the industry and ultimately helped other programs become viable for development.
There would be no Daz without Poser and Carrara may well have died a long time ago and Hexagon and Silo and Modo and other slick programs may never even have been born without that large influx of people with interest.

Anyway, the way I see it is not to go and beat people up if you think they're no good or just playing dressup, give some enouragement instead and help them out, because everyone started with that kind of stuff. I hope Daz sells clothes like crazy and Poser 7 is a big success and I hope E-Frontier and Daz do well, because if they do well, Carrara and Hex or Amapi or whatever else new that might come out will do well too and that can only help everyone.

I just want some slick 3d painting system to round out my stills (something better than anything else I've seen yet) and then I'll worry about animating.

Yeah. Many professionals started with Poser and Bryce.

LoneGunman
26/12/2006, 21h54
Lol, my VW bug is not that easy to fix, it's almost brand new :blush2:

Here is my favorite model (still only a concept, I think):

http://www.dieselstation.com/archive/Volkswagen-New-Beetle-Dune/index.shtml

Poser users are wierd bunch, at least those who are trying to "establish" some kind of "respect" on CGtalk (where clearly only stuff made from scratch is appreciated).

In order to "place" themselves into "proffessional" CG world they are comparing their art with photography and animations to film making (of course, they are "using" actors, see DAZ here, to make a "story").

I never understood such a desire, but, I guess, it is important to some, cuz, it sounds so cool to announce that someone hired you for PRO job using Poser :p

In rare occasions I do make fun of Poser and DAZ studio, but only when something rendered with them is posted on CGtalk, and poster claims that he/she modeled his character in Poser/DAZstudio :)

Anyways, I do agree that Poser did influence and introduced many people to the 3D world, who otherwise never would even try, and that is certanly a good thing :hi:

medeamajic
26/12/2006, 22h17
Poser is a good place to start. I give Poser a thumbs up for beginners. Poser is fun to use with premade content. I admit some of the user at the Daz site are a bit loopy at times but that is not because Poser is a cheesy product but there are cheesy people using Poser.