PDA

Voir la version complète : I Love Daz With All My Heart

shaunmckinnon
28/05/2006, 01h20
I've decided to create a little bit of good karma. All this slander against Daz, and Daz peoples has got to be off tilting the Ying from the Yang. I've decided to state that I love Daz. Oh sure, they're just a huge 3d clipart circus sideshow, but come on people: the small handed creatures that smell like cabbage are really...just...people.......too. OK?o_O

Now, I say reach out and hug a Daz tree, people. Show the love :w00t: , show the caring :happy: . Show the ...O_O wait, maybe you better not show THAT.
And most importantly, lets get back to ignoring them like before, and model the hell out of this shiznit...:ninja:
bye fer now:hi:

tonytrout
28/05/2006, 02h19
In any major change there tends to be shock, denial, then anger and grief before finally , acceptance.

Is good to focus on the core of what we love and do which is model and create with support of good people here

shaunmckinnon
28/05/2006, 02h24
Thats true. I'm going to model a bridge. With the bridging tool.
cause that tool works in Hex 2.

tonytrout
28/05/2006, 02h42
LOL Tasselates my favourite, but not yet managed to build a tassel

shaunmckinnon
28/05/2006, 02h45
I find modelling a line is pretty good, but very difficult to render.

shaunmckinnon
28/05/2006, 02h46
oh, and the arc looks nothing like an arc. And i should know...i've seen pictures of Noah;s.

CarlDesmond
28/05/2006, 02h54
lets get back to ignoring them like before, and model the hell out of this shiznit

Agreed.

manleystanley
28/05/2006, 03h29
Actually I'm leaning more tword a neutral stand with the Daz forum. I was pleasantly suprised lately, I had been keeping up with a rather TOS tightrope walking thread there, when I desided to state my opinion of poser/Daz. It was a bit in support with the original thread poster. My opinion of poser/ Daz is none to nice, and I didn't pull any punches. Suprisingly enough I got nether flaimed, nor argued with, not even a nast PM for anyone. Yes, I was shocked.
Yes, I said Daz studio was a gimic for selling content, that's been my opinion of it for quite some time. And it does it's job quite well; stage and render content.

E-Z
28/05/2006, 03h36
yeah we all get a little mad when things dont work as there advertised
but we all cool off sooner or later.

if it wasn't for Daz cheap $price , i couldnt afford to buy it:hi:
Hexagon is the Best polygon tool i have ever used:hi:
i will be sticking with hexagon in my pipe line allways.

if i had a choice to do it all over again with Daz, i would do it again:hi:

steama
28/05/2006, 06h49
Well as I see it everyone is FREE to their opinions. That is what makes these kinds of forums great.

Then beyond that I am appreciative somebody bought Carrara and Hexagon to further development of these two applications. Eovia sold these assets for some reason more serious other than they were just sick of them. It seems like a financial/business thing and in these kind of business decisions I have never been consulted whether I worked for the company or if the company mattered a great deal to me (like Eovia did). Business happens. Car companies get bought by bigger healthier companies, just like food companies, just like pharmacutical companies and just like software companies.

It is simply business as usual. It rolls over everything with concern only for profit. It is out of my control. Therefore my only real options are;

1) either give-up on Hexagon and Carrara and find new software to use or
2) give the new owners, DAZ, a chance.

I choose number 2 for now and will wait and see how DAZ performs before making any rash or aggressive moves as I am invested in both Hexagon and Carrara and DAZ has done nothing right or wrong yet. I believe they deserve, at the very least, a fair chance to screw up. The same kind of chance everyone else can rightfully expect and usually has.

Great 3d to everyone :hi:

steama
28/05/2006, 07h01
lets get back to ignoring them like before, and model the hell out of this shiznit
Good grief! Who the hell cares? DAZ owns the boat now. It doesn't even matter anymore. What is a 'shiznit' anyway? LOL

BluesDragon
28/05/2006, 08h17
Good grief! Who the hell cares? DAZ owns the boat now. It doesn't even matter anymore. What is a 'shiznit' anyway? LOL

It's a nit that lives on a shiz.

I think Thomas modeled one once.

:shiny:

shaunmckinnon
28/05/2006, 08h19
You're a nit that lives on the shiz. And you own a boat. And I'm 5.

steama
28/05/2006, 08h58
And I'm 5.
lol You said it!

E-Z
28/05/2006, 09h28
What is a 'shiznit' anyway? LOL
i think it has to do some thing with
when a dog squat when going to the bathroom

you will need a pooper scooper to pick up his shitnit

steama
28/05/2006, 09h37
Kind of like this thread...shiznit.

Meaning it really has absolutely nothing to do with 3d or the use of Hexagon or Carrara. It is just pure shiznit.

E-Z
28/05/2006, 09h42
Kind of like this thread...shiznit.

Meaning it really has absolutely nothing to do with 3d or the use of Hexagon or Carrara. It is just pure shiznit.

yeah some topic are full of shiz
and its pure bullshizlol

steama
28/05/2006, 11h14
:shiny: bullshiz! Gotta love it...:w00t:

L33tace
28/05/2006, 14h12
:take_exam
now where's the whip. :w00t:

i won't flame Daz, but just lets say recent occurences have not made it one of my favorite places anymore.

ok i'm off to learn more hex and continue to render some content during breaks :w00t:

Thomas
28/05/2006, 16h48
?

BTW? I move the thread in the misc discussion..

geqfreq
28/05/2006, 17h07
:tomate:

geqfreq
28/05/2006, 17h07
:tomate:

medeamajic
28/05/2006, 17h43
I do understand why some one posted they were banned from the Daz forums. I am not banned I just got attacked. The Dazzers are very loyal to the point that 3-D clip art is a religion and models like Hiro are the next mesiah. The ulitmate in polygon creation. I am not hip to all the Aikos, Hiros or Yoda models. The Dazzers invested in Bryce and Daz studio to use 3-D clip art since you can not make your own with Daz Studio or Bryce. That is fine with me. On the other hand Daz should realize most Hexagon users buy Hexagon to make their own models not join a 3-D clip art cult. Daz must realize this ASAP.

I think Daz wants to use Carrara and Hexagon to get more Daz members. That is not right in my opinion. Keep Content and Hexagon seperate.

I have nothing against people who buy the Daz pre made shaders for Bryce in the Daz store but it is not something I would ever do.

manleystanley
29/05/2006, 00h47
Out of bounds.

steama
29/05/2006, 01h07
Ok, I think this tread is ridiculous, overdone, and too controversial. So that all means I cannot resist participating. This is what is so great about these forums!

First of all it was Eovia that for some reason needed to divest of Hexagon and Carrara. I assume it was for some financial/business reason. When it comes down to business decisions I have never been consulted whether I worked for a company or cared about it. Auto companies are bought by healthier more profitable auto companies just like pharmacutical companies, food companies and yes even software companies. Business is business and it is motivated by profit only (not warm fuzzy feelings). It is as simple as that.

DAZ did not steal or rip Hexagon and Carrara from the grips of Eovia. It was factors at Eovia that made the sale. This leads me to the conclusion that I have two options.

1) Stop supporting DAZ and no longer purchase future versions of Hexagon and Carrara and find some other software to use. or

2) Give DAZ a chance at the very least to fail. They have not even had time to do anything right or wrong yet. So I can choose to wait and see.

I choose to wait and see because I hope to continue using Hexagon and Carrara in the future. It just does not seem very intelligent to continue to attack and slander DAZ especially when they have not even been given a fair chance that anyone would deserve. Wait and see, if you can't do that, find different software to use. Simple

medeamajic
29/05/2006, 03h07
Are you for real dude? Are you a Dazzer? I was not a Dazzer before the buy out but I thought Daz might use Carrara and Hexagon as marketing tools for Daz memberships. Daz has infact done that. Even the owner would admit to it. It is OK to state the facts. I am stating I do not like it.

I am not saying the Daz Meberships does not make money or that Daz is not successful. That is irrelivant my friend. Do not confuse money and profit with a good product or customer loyalty. I am saying I am not into requesting features for the Daz models like some of the cult followers. I never had a need for Hiro to have to have full body morphs or a suite and tie. That is not my bag. It was not the bag of many Carrara users before the buy out. If Lightwave had bought Carrara and Hexagon they would obvioulsy not be used as bait for the Daz memberships. Did Daz buy Hexagon to develope a good product or to get members? That is a fair question to ponder. I can have an opinion of my own dude. My opinion is based on facts not my imagination.

I will still use Carrara and Hexagon until something better comes along but the facts are still facts.

shaunmckinnon
29/05/2006, 03h38
I will use Hexagon and Carrara till DAZ buys out Discreet. Then I will purchase my version of 3D Studio Max for a buck ninety-nine, and render the hell out of Vicky in every lude pose I can toss it to. Maybe I'll team up her and Steph and we'll get some serious 3D lesbo action. Sounds DAZzling.

Ringo Monfort
29/05/2006, 04h06
If you guys care to visit the carrara and hexagon forums at DAZ forums you are welcome to do so. My goal as moderator of those forums is to keep it on topic and drama/rumour free. I know that we as Carrara & Hexagon users are not too much into the "content" thing and its dramas that are so common in the poser community. So I will try to do my best from having that in those forums. Now you are also welcome to yahoo groups forums for both Carrara and Hexagon cause we are expanding. :shiny:

Regards
Ringo

P.S. Carl ....PM me.

steama
29/05/2006, 05h39
Are you for real dude? Are you a Dazzer? I was not a Dazzer before the buy out but I thought Daz might use Carrara and Hexagon as marketing tools for Daz memberships. Daz has infact done that. Even the owner would admit to it. It is OK to state the facts. I am stating I do not like it.

I am not saying the Daz Meberships does not make money or that Daz is not successful. That is irrelivant my friend. Do not confuse money and profit with a good product or customer loyalty. I am saying I am not into requesting features for the Daz models like some of the cult followers. I never had a need for Hiro to have to have full body morphs or a suite and tie. That is not my bag. It was not the bag of many Carrara users before the buy out. If Lightwave had bought Carrara and Hexagon they would obvioulsy not be used as bait for the Daz memberships. Did Daz buy Hexagon to develope a good product or to get members? That is a fair question to ponder. I can have an opinion of my own dude. My opinion is based on facts not my imagination.

I will still use Carrara and Hexagon until something better comes along but the facts are still facts.
I hope everyone can keep using Hexagon and Carrara. I also hope people can also get over this DAZ thing and move beyond speculation. We all need more information and that will come in due time. The future is uncertain right now and most have not seen the road map. If things don't work out everyone has other good and viable options available to them. It is not the end of the 3D world no matter what happens with Hexagon, Carrara or DAZ.

I've had virtually no contact with DAZ until they bought Hexagon and Carrara. But even if I had it would have nothing to do with anything DAZ has done regarding Carrara and Hexagon (which nothing of substance because they have not had the time to do anything). DAZ is the only future of Carrara and Hexagon no matter what any of us may feel or want.

It is also a pure assumption that the only reason DAZ bought Carrara and Hexagon is to get Platinum Club members. Sure they want more Platinum Club members it is money to them and they are in it for profit just like Eovia was. We will need to wait and see what DAZ does in the future with Hexagon and Carrara if we really want to know the real facts with any certainty. Everything else your mind can conjure is just speculation considering the facts we all currently have.

No one is trying to prevent the sharing of your opinion. You are FREE to have your opinion even though it seems to be based on imagination and speculation. It is impossible for you, or me, to have the facts on any inside information. Only the DAZ management and maybe a few DAZ employees know the answer as to what is intended for the future of Hexagon and Carrara. We are all free to ponder. I doubt anyone would be interested in trying to stop that. It is good thing to ponder. Are we not artists? :)

I think Ringo's invitation is good. Getting closer to the source is a good way to get better information.

Happy 3D to everyone!

medeamajic
29/05/2006, 05h41
Well maybe I could dig a little lesbo action at the Daz forums.

I think over time the Carrara forums will become very different than the Commons. I think that in time Daz will drop the Daz Membership deals. I think they will find some user just want good upgrades but do not want to become Dazzers just to get a great deal. Daz members should get deals on content but not Hexagon and Carrara.

The Carrara forum is doing OK. It is great to see people realize the power of Carrara compared to Bryce.

medeamajic
29/05/2006, 05h52
steama,

The sale of Hexagon for $1.99 was bait for memberships in my opinion. I do ponder if Daz members will always get better deals. Daz can do what they want. This is the first time Daz is selling products that can be used with or with out Daz content. Most Bryce and Daz Studio users used Daz content but I am not sure if Carrara and Hexagon users do. Time will tell if Daz will continue to use Hexagon to get Daz memberships.

steama
29/05/2006, 05h53

I think over time the Carrara forums will become very different than the Commons. I think that in time Daz will drop the Daz Membership deals. I think they will find some user just want good upgrades but do not want to become Dazzers just to get a great deal. Daz members should get deals on content but not Hexagon and Carrara.

The Carrara forum is doing OK. It is great to see people realize the power of Carrara compared to Bryce.
I think you could be right although I would bet DAZ will always encourage/promote the Platinum Club Membership. It is worth so much to the DAZ business. As you said, "time will tell." :)

Ringo Monfort
29/05/2006, 06h36
Thanks for posting over there. We carrara users need to show the newbies the ways of the Carrara force and that it does great stuff without the need of using content.
Once they start getting into effects such as particles and replicators they will see how powerful it really is.

Ringo

AlainK
29/05/2006, 07h21
If you guys care to visit the carrara and hexagon forums at DAZ forums you are welcome to do so. My goal as moderator of those forums is to keep it on topic and drama/rumour free. I know that we as Carrara & Hexagon users are not too much into the "content" thing and its dramas that are so common in the poser community. So I will try to do my best from having that in those forums. Now you are also welcome to yahoo groups forums for both Carrara and Hexagon cause we are expanding. :shiny:

I don't know Ringo. For some reason I just can't get myself cozy with any other forum format the same way we have here. I think Thomas will have some serious competition (not that you want that) if you put those forums in one single separate vBulletin format. This kind of format seems very efficient. Any idea how much they pay to have this type of forum format?

steama
29/05/2006, 07h42
If you guys care to visit the carrara and hexagon forums at DAZ forums you are welcome to do so. My goal as moderator of those forums is to keep it on topic and drama/rumour free. I know that we as Carrara & Hexagon users are not too much into the "content" thing and its dramas that are so common in the poser community. So I will try to do my best from having that in those forums. Now you are also welcome to yahoo groups forums for both Carrara and Hexagon cause we are expanding.

I don't know Ringo. For some reason I just can't get myself cozy with any other forum format the same way we have here. I think Thomas will have some serious competition (not that you want that) if you put those forums in one single separate vBulletin format. This kind of format seems very efficient. Any idea how much they pay to have this type of forum format?
Wow! Very impressive action considering such a short time with DAZ. Looks like the forums are really taking off over there.

I also agree with AlainK. The eovia3d.net (soon to be polyloop.net) format is hard to beat. It is the best forum I have ever used. Very comfortable and very efficient.

AlainK
29/05/2006, 08h00
If you look at the bottom of this forum you will find this:

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

You can also find it in other forums such as:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/
http://forums1.caligari.com/truespace/index.php
http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25
http://www.subdivisionmodeling.com/forums/

....and a host of others. That's why I'm wondering how much forum owners pay to have this same type of forums.

steama
29/05/2006, 08h10
If you look at the bottom of this forum you will find this:

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

You can also find it in other forums such as:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/
http://forums1.caligari.com/truespace/index.php
http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25
http://www.subdivisionmodeling.com/forums/

....and a host of others. That's why I'm wondering how much forum owners pay to have this same type of forums.
Must say that it certainly seems worth it to the user. I love it. I like everything about eovia3d.net. It is a great implementation of this type of forum.

Ringo Monfort
29/05/2006, 14h48
Well I am almost done with my new forum that is also independent from DAZ forums and we will be migrating the yahoo groups to them. Currently it is in beta. It is almost done. I just added the gallery section and so far it has gotten some nice comments. I'm running SMF and Coppermine galleries.
I'll let everyone know when it is ready. But if you like to test it out now just PM and I can give you the URL.

Regards.

Thomas
29/05/2006, 14h59
AlainK: you forget the most important one in your list: CGtalk.com (well, CGSociety.org)

But a question Ringo: you told that moderating the yahoo groups take you a lot of time. Now, you also have to moderate DAZ forums, which will require a lot more work when times will go. You will handle both at a full time job?

And thank you for the comments about my forum :) I'm currently working on the next update, moving to vBulletin 3.5, installing the blog, upgrading the galleries, and also add some 2D stuff which I hope you will like ;)

Ringo Monfort
29/05/2006, 15h58
Not so much the yahoo groups what takes more time is visting every Carrara related forums in the net just to check what is out there. :-)
Both the yahoo groups and DAZ forums are easy to manage. We may add another moderator for Hexagon at the daz forums.
But I'm also moving ahead with my new forum.

AlainK: you forget the most important one in your list: CGtalk.com (well, CGSociety.org)

But a question Ringo: you told that moderating the yahoo groups take you a lot of time. Now, you also have to moderate DAZ forums, which will require a lot more work when times will go. You will handle both at a full time job?

And thank you for the comments about my forum :) I'm currently working on the next update, moving to vBulletin 3.5, installing the blog, upgrading the galleries, and also add some 2D stuff which I hope you will like ;)

Sarissi
29/05/2006, 20h07
To those attacking Daz as a 3D Clipart company, you have no understanding of The Way of Poser. Poser did not have any Rigging ability until Pro Pack (addon for Poser 4). You had to write the Hierarchy File by hand (.PHI). Poser got its start as a program to do Figure Studies for use in Photoshop. It has grown way beyond that. All Content has to be created outside of Poser even today.

The flood of Hobbyists discovering Poser opened the market for better Content for Poser. This is basically how Daz got its start (other than splitting from Zygote). There was a need for better figures for Poser and Daz filled that need. (In Poser, Figures are Rigged Models.)

Daz quickly became the Standard for high quality Poser Figures, and other Poser Content. As a result, Daz is the most successful Poser Content Company.

There are 2 basic classes of Artists in Poser:

Content Creators

and

Compositional Artists (users who buy content to use for their renders)

Some do both.

The Way of Poser violates 3D CGI Tradition, where all content is made for a specific project, never to be used again. There is no law that requires any 3D CGI program to comply with this Tradition.

Poser is used in Forensic Animation, Animated Pre-visualization (animated storyboarding) in the Motion Picture and Television production industry, and other non-pinup uses.

After Pro Pack, Curious Labs was bought by EGISYS, and then the Disaster release of Poser 5, plus the blanket Poser Content IP grab attempt by EGISYS in the initial Poser 5 EULA. This is where the bad blood between CL/EGISYS and Daz came from (EGISYS claimed ownership of all Poser content, no matter who made it, and prior Copyrights). Poser's future was very much in doubt, and thus the concept for Daz Studio was born.

By sneering at Daz, you are sneering at the entire Poser Community, of which, some use Carrara.

Ringo Monfort
29/05/2006, 20h17
Sarissi you are correct in what you just posted.

Ringo

LoneGunman
30/05/2006, 00h04
There are 2 basic classes of Artists in Poser:

Content Creators

and

Compositional Artists (users who buy content to use for their renders)

One of the reasons I left Renderosity was a general attitude that was pointed to me by many "Compositional Artists" that modelers are actually not artists, that they are ones who actually transform our models into "real" art lol

But, it's all good, I was never mad about it and never hated Poser or DAZ, I simply did not agree with it and I left. I can imagine some people take it too seriously and fight over it :hi:

Nate Owens
30/05/2006, 02h47
.....There are 2 basic classes of Artists in Poser:
Content Creators... and...Compositional Artists (users who buy content to use for their renders).... :huh: There may be another kind...
(Don't know whatcha callit...?) o_O
I use Poser a lot like some of the old time traditional artists used those little wood manikens... to arrange a scene, set up a pose, perspective, etc.
Then I draw the thing and render it in more traditional or contemporary style (whichever fits the project), disposing of many of the Poser bumps and warts during the process.

Sample... this started out as poser figures... the fountain pen done in Carrara... Rendered mostly in PhotoShop and Painter.

http://www.newspagedesigner.com/users/1633/DadLetter.jpg

taz20
30/05/2006, 05h17
One of the reasons I left Renderosity was a general attitude that was pointed to me by many "Compositional Artists" that modelers are actually not artists, that they are ones who actually transform our models into "real" art lol
Wow! Thats a new one - in 3+ years of lurking at Renderosity (& elsewhere) I've only seen the opposite, usually the rest of the CG community gives Poser & its fans a hard time. Plus trolls making inflammatory statements in the Poser forum, and then just sit back and enjoy the hurt feelings they've caused 'cos the Poser crowd used to take that sort of thing really seriously.
I do use Poser figures for my images in Carrara 'cos I'm not at the point where I can create my own decent looking figures yet. Plus Poser dynamic clothing is a great feature for the price. I'm looking to get into monster creation (modelled, textured & rigged), but proper looking humans are a long way off.

Ringo I have a thought regarding your comments about Daz's new forums (showing the newcomers how to do stuff etc.):
- It's not so much the helping out that bothers anyone (I think). It'll be the amount of repeat questions and demands for really simple/pre-made solutions. If you've browsed Poser/DazStudio forums for any amount of time you'll see the same questions and tired old arguements over & over. I think the difference is that most of us got into Carrara first (or anything else not Poser) & Poser/DazStudio is seen more as a figure plug-in rather than an all-in-one 3D app - makes for a different approach to creating images.

Overall, (I think) Daz won't make much money out of us except at Carrara/Hex upgrade time so we don't really matter, unless we make content that they can profit from as well (it's their thing, so fair enough).
For example - I got Aiko3 from 3D World magazine and Hiro with my PC membership (discount) from Hex2 so I've got some anime figures for when I get round to making that kind of image. I can make most of my clothing, props & environments now so what do I really need Daz for?
My main concern with Daz is the direction they'll take with Carraras development, I suppose we'll have to wait & see.

LoneGunman
30/05/2006, 05h37
Do not forget the whole and secret another world behind the scenes called UNWANTED private messaging (you get lot of those from "community representatives" if you dissagree or give them honest opinions about their renders). Plenty of times I got messages which were like: "What the hell you know about rendering and art, you are just modeling stuff, stop ruining my gallery with your comments" :)

manleystanley
30/05/2006, 07h30
"Compositional Artists (users who buy content to use for their renders)" consumers. $ artists. I saw too many of them at a certain other forum, and heaven forbid you should give them any constructive criticism.
"Do not forget the whole and secret another world behind the scenes called UNWANTED private messaging (you get lot of those from "community representatives" if you dissagree or give them honest opinions about their renders). " Sounds like Rendo and why I left, I mean when mods PM you asking you to leave it's time to go. :dry: And I never said anything more there then I have said in this thread.
I'm sorry, but it has been my experiance that there are too many temparmental $ artists with a chip on their shoulder in the the poser community.
But again I will step back and say the Daz forums aren't that bad; probebly becuase there are so many real artists there, you now the ones. The ones that actually make the content. You know, the modelers. Just where would Daz be without them?:shiny:

medeamajic
30/05/2006, 07h33
taz20 and LoneGunman,

You both have hit on some of my concerns. Daz does not realize most Carrara and Hexagon users did not have a need for a Daz Membership at all this time last year. Why would I have a need now? Daz knows I do not want to be a Dazzer and to offer Dazzers great discounts on Hexagon is not the way to make the loyal and older Eovia customers happy.

I think Poser is a great animation program and the Daz models are very good. Since Poser uses pre made models I can see the need for DAZ. On the other hand I use Carrara so I do not have to use Poser or buy Daz models. Up until the buy out I imagine most of the Daz forum members were Dazzers. The Dazzers use Daz Studio, Poser, Vue and Bryce. In order to make nice looking landscapes with people and figures they buy the Daz content. I think it is OK but it's not for me. I have expressed this in the Daz forums but it was not recived as well as I hoped. LoneGunman, it is sade news that you got mean and nasty private messages sent to you. I think using Poser and Daz models is great but when people are are waiting to see new pants for Vicki or new morphs for Hiro it starts to become a cult. The models are like their super heros. There is nothing wrong with using Poser and buying Daz content. I think the problem is when people take it to serious. I know that happens at times.

LoneGunman
30/05/2006, 08h19
Heh, do not get me wrong, that was not only reason I left, just one of them (was few others too, very personal in nature).

I also got fed up with all the ppl who are there just to impress and be loud and popular, not to learn and help others to become better in what some of us actually like to do.

Long forgotten thing as well... I never looked back :)

It is true that there is lot of nice people there as well. For leving them, I was truly sorry...

I happen to believe that part of personal success of every artist is learning to critique work of others and accept ones from them as an adult. If you have to walk on the egg shells every time someone opens comment space (which is basicly invitation for critique) where is the opportunity to go forward there (for yourself and the artist) ? There is none :hi:

Pete Exxtreme
30/05/2006, 08h43
The tool does not make the artist, but it's rather the contrary. I think that Nate nice drawing shows it. Everyone can see some Poser artists doing amazing job, but they spend huge time on tweaking textures/ lights/composition/tuning meshes and deserves (at least) respect (even if i'm a crazy modeler lol ).

I would say that Poser/Daz provides contents that help people to do 3D for the masses, because people think that 's easy to do so....

Well Britney Spears or Madonna is also music for the masses i.e., but even if you think that' s***t (like i do :w00t: ), that does not mean that you must burn all the electric guitars, drums etc... to avoid this crap....:happy:

Now LoneGunman, if you own a Ferrari then obviously all the Chevrolet are lousy cars in your point of view :w00t: , Chevrolet owners are not happy about that (while it's probably a good car)

:hi:

LoneGunman
30/05/2006, 09h06
Hey, Pete, I do not own Ferrari, neither Chevrolet, but I can tell you one thing, I'm a very good driver :w00t:

Pete Exxtreme
30/05/2006, 09h10
Hey, Pete, I do not own Ferrari, neither Chevrolet, but I can tell you one thing, I'm a very good driver :w00t:

That's THE point ! :wink3: :hi:

Ringo Monfort
30/05/2006, 14h58
Well, I will agree that there is a lot of drama in some sections of the DAZ forums and that is why I'll try not to have in the Carrara and Hexagon ones. Also remember that Thomas forum here will continue and so will my Yahoo/new forums will continue to provide an area for good help to the community. For example I am getting lots of new members joining yahoo groups and very soon we will move to our new place. ;-)

manleystanley
30/05/2006, 15h25
Take this as you will, for me This forum is for work, serious questions about modeling and using Carrara and Hex. The Daz forum is for fun; you have to admit that there is a lot of entertainment value there :happy:, and for asking questions about poser content.
Now I preffer to use all my own models, it's just some times it's impractical, as I've said if I spend all my time making models I wouldn't be Learning how to use Carrara, and my modeling with Hex2 is still in the basics stage; meaning I still do most of my modeling with Metasequoia. And my modeling abilety is not on the same level as my minds eye :blush2:

I've been a strugeling artist sence I could pick up a crayola, through the years I have tried it all and modeling in CG is no less time consuming or diffecult then sculpting, making and applying textures; UVed, is no less time consuming or diffecult then painting. So I would actually put using poser content in the same catigory as photography.

Wingnut
30/05/2006, 16h16
Could someone provide me with a link to the C5/Hex forums on Yahoo. Can't seem to find them.

Ringo Monfort
30/05/2006, 16h35
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Carrara/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hexagonusers/

Wingnut
30/05/2006, 18h55
Thank you Ringo

Thomas
30/05/2006, 21h23
Take this as you will, for me This forum is for work, serious questions about modeling and using Carrara and Hex.

Nothing to add ;)

Sarissi
31/05/2006, 07h15
Sarissi you are correct in what you just posted.

Ringo

Thank you, Ringo.

Sarissi
31/05/2006, 07h32

But, it's all good, I was never mad about it and never hated Poser or DAZ, I simply did not agree with it and I left. I can imagine some people take it too seriously and fight over it :hi:

That figures (idiots at Rosity)!

Even in the Motion Picture and Televsion Production Industry, you have these 2 classes of Artists, plus the After Effects and other Artists that work together to make the final Production Releases.

Sarissi
31/05/2006, 07h59
:huh: There may be another kind...
(Don't know whatcha callit...?) o_O
I use Poser a lot like some of the old time traditional artists used those little wood manikens... to arrange a scene, set up a pose, perspective, etc.
Then I draw the thing and render it in more traditional or contemporary style (whichever fits the project), disposing of many of the Poser bumps and warts during the process.

Sample... this started out as poser figures... the fountain pen done in Carrara... Rendered mostly in PhotoShop and Painter.

http://www.newspagedesigner.com/users/1633/DadLetter.jpg

Nice work, Nate! Actually, you fall into both Compositional, and Original Design Intent, as I mentioned in my post (Figure studies for use in Photoshop).

Sarissi
31/05/2006, 08h23
I would say that Poser/Daz provides contents that help people to do 3D for the masses, because people think that 's easy to do so....

I would say that is true. Then they learn it is NOT so easy. Then you get the flood of 'help me' posts in various forums from each new user.

gugesbri
31/05/2006, 09h26
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Carrara/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hexagonusers/

Thanks for the link Ringo.
Looks like both forums are very active.
I hope to learn alot from the folks that post.

Gustavo

L33tace
31/05/2006, 10h15
Thanks for the link Ringo.
Looks like both forums are very active.
I hope to learn alot from the folks that post.

Gustavo

well i went to sign up on the Hexagon group but the 200 word maximum why i would like to sign up is stumping me. all i have to say is 'i want to learn about hex' :ermm:
oh well. :crying2:

Ringo Monfort
31/05/2006, 17h38
When you first sign in you can just put what you did. Nothing fancy it is all upto you.
I than get an email saying that a user wants to join and I go and give you access..
The reason why we don't just have it so that anyone can just join i cause in the pass some bots or users would just join any group there and spam the community. So this way I know who is joining the group and keep the spammers out that is all.
but you are welcome to join.

Regards.

Ringo

well i went to sign up on the Hexagon group but the 200 word maximum why i would like to sign up is stumping me. all i have to say is 'i want to learn about hex' :ermm:
oh well. :crying2:

L33tace
31/05/2006, 21h46
well i've sent it off, i don't know what was happening but it wouldn't process it and i had less than 200, so i tried as many characters as close to 200 to see if that made a difference and still no luck. eventually it got accepted some how.
i even made up a wee song to insert but it turned out too big

200 characters
Hanging on the wall
200 characters
Hanging on the wall
And if one character
Should accidentally fall
There'll be 199 characters
Hanging on the wall.

lol

:blush2: