PDA

Voir la version complète : Just wanted to know

tyrell
18/05/2006, 21h00
What you think about Blender now that Elephants Dream is out:

http://orange.blender.org/download

Locki
18/05/2006, 22h14
well ... always the same old thing : IMHO, I never doubted wonderfull images can be created with blender ... but it's sooooo difficult to handle for a newbie ! :)

tyrell
18/05/2006, 23h22
... but it's sooooo difficult to handle for a newbie ! :)
That's what makes it attractive to me. :) I haven't really been into an all-out Blender attack mode, though. Of course, C6 is way easier.

I was thinking more in terms of what Carrara lacks that Blender now have. How long would I have to wait for Carrara to have hair and how much money would I have to fork for C6?

LoneGunman
19/05/2006, 03h04
If I could just download the damn thing, looks like servers all around the globe are crashing lol

tyrell
19/05/2006, 03h52
If I could just download the damn thing, looks like servers all around the globe are crashing lol

Thing is you don't have to download it. You could see a preview of it if you will only look. It's all over the place. That's the good thing about open source. It's all free including the production files for everyone to examine.

chrisd
20/05/2006, 01h27
Anyone still having trouble downloading Elephants Dream, go to:

ftp://ftp.cs.umn.edu/pub/blender.org/ED/ (works with IE and other browsers with built in ftp client)

or

with an ftp client (ftp995 is freeware) go to:
ftp.cs.umn.edu/pub/blender.org/ED and use anonymous ftp to connect without a username and password

Chris

Grendel
20/05/2006, 02h33
I agree with Locki, I tried it but could just never get the hang of the interface. They did a great job but I think some of the character animation looks kind choppy, but the rendering and environments look great.

Thomas
20/05/2006, 09h19
I got it with Bittorent at 500k/s ;)

tyrell
20/05/2006, 21h58
I agree with Locki, I tried it but could just never get the hang of the interface.

Hex and Carrara are still the best combination. There's just nothing that could beat Hexagon for me. Blender can't handle n-gons, and I don't like that.

AlainK
20/05/2006, 22h45
Has anybody here tried AC3D? Version 6 has just been released recently:

http://www.creative-3d.net/newsviewer.cfm?NewsID=all

It has a 14-day trial, I downloaded it and it just didn't work for me. I couldn't figure out where the tweak mode was. Compared to Hexagon 1.21, it's slow in my PC considering the fact that AC3D has a simpified UI. At subd level 2, Hex 1.21 runs smoother.