PDA

Voir la version complète : Official Apology has it been done ?

Corndog
28/04/2006, 02h48
Has there been an official apology to the loyals of eovia products for the terrible treatment and timing of this buy out etc. I am reading people apologizing for reacting so harshly but I still feel the anger was warranted and the customers should not be apologizing.

1. We should have been the first to know
2. Eovia should have sent or posted a special members notice of what was happening/why and their intentions
3. Then the president of DAZ could have then introduced himself and DAZ to us personally
4. Then the great news could have been shared with the rest of the world.

To the person that made the decisions on how this was all handle I give you a failing grade and for that you have lost a customer and maybe a few more.

To other companies learn from this mistake and treat your customers like family.

sadot
28/04/2006, 03h31
I agree with you, but remember what say Thomas often, this is not an official forum of eovia

Corndog
28/04/2006, 03h55
No this is not the official forum but was this big event announced or handled properly anywhere ?? NO

Naes3d
28/04/2006, 06h57
I don't see that any harm has come from the way that the announcement was made.

1. We should have been the first to know

Actually, since DAZ was the company doing the buying, it would be more appropriate that DAZ customers be the first to know.

2. Eovia should have sent or posted a special members notice of what was happening/why and their intentions

There is a difference between a customer and a shareholder. If you check your EULA, you will see that we do not own the software or it's assets. Eovia has a greater responsibilty to someone who is buying the software than they do to those who license it. We recieved all the information you just asked for at the appropriate time. The only reason to release that information before a deal was finalised was to seek the users opinion on the decision. Since we don't own any part of the software, our input was not necessary.

3. Then the president of DAZ could have then introduced himself and DAZ to us personally

DAZ has communicated very well with us, on a personal basis and through advocates. Emails have been being shared almost as fast as they have been sent. All in all, we were pretty well informed.

4. Then the great news could have been shared with the rest of the world.

Given the speed at which information travels, the expectation that this could remain a secret long enough to let every Eovia customer know what was being decided prior to reaching a deal, and then keeping the information secret until every end user voted on it and then keeping it secret long enough for the desiganted spokesman could issue an official release of information to the rest of the world seems a little bit unrealistic don't you think?

I believe one of Murphy's Laws was that the chances of a secret remaining a secret are directly proportional to the number of people who know the secret.

To say that you are leaving the company and the sotware because you were not informed prior to a decision being made seems a little drastically dramatic IMO.

No protocols were broken here and we are all getting a fantasic deal. Give the guys a chance...

Corndog
28/04/2006, 07h05
wrong wrong wrong

Naes3d
28/04/2006, 08h28
What's wrong wrong wrong?

Did you want to know before they made the decision or after they made the decision?

If you wanted to know before, then everything I said stands correct.

If you wanted to know after, then you are asking for an apology for nothing since you got what you wanted.

Since I was an Eovia customer same as you, why should they have made their announcement in a time more suiting you than suiting me?

Which protocols were broken?

fehnman
28/04/2006, 08h35
Some people just get too involved with software these days. Apologies? Terrible treatment? "Customers = Family"???

Reality check, please. Somebody's reading too much into invoices.

EoviaBob
28/04/2006, 09h02
wrong wrong wrong

I would encourage you to consider joining the DAZ forum if you want to be closer to the company and the announcements.

We have done our best to watch the myriad forums where enthusiastic users make their posts in order to provide as much information as possible. Dan has posted a message on this community, and I continue to be involved.

Best regards,
Bob Stockwell

dunsterville
28/04/2006, 09h10
So, "EoviaBob", let me ask you . . .

What ARE Daz going to do with Amapi?

EoviaBob
28/04/2006, 09h12
So, "EoviaBob", let me ask you . . .

What ARE Daz going to do with Amapi?

Nothing.

DAZ did not acquire Amapi. It remains with Eovia Europe.

For questions about Amapi, please email info@eovia.fr.

Corndog
13/05/2006, 05h30
Some people just get too involved with software these days. Apologies? Terrible treatment? "Customers = Family"???

Reality check, please. Somebody's reading too much into invoices.

LOL thats a good one...
My invoice said love eovia what did yours say ?

gugesbri
13/05/2006, 06h17
Nothing.

DAZ did not acquire Amapi. It remains with Eovia Europe.

For questions about Amapi, please email info@eovia.fr.

This entire takeover seems to have been handled in a secretive fashion.
The only site I know that posted any information about the acquisition was cgsociety.com (formerly known as cgnetworks.com).

Cgchannel.com and other site have totally ignored the news of the purchase.

Not to mention that agreements that were made to Eovia customers like myself that purchased Hexagon 1 at $199 to receive Hex 2.0 as a free upgrade automatically makes me a person who upgraded to Hex 2.0 based on the offer that Eovia made Carrara 5 users.

Because we purchased and automatically upgraded to Hex 2 by default, we were also entitled to the Hexagon 2 Golden pack. When I contacted DAZ through customer support e-mail to voice my concerns over the aforementioned, the response I received were stipulations to the agreements made upon purchase of the product and the upgrade to Hex 2.

The most offensive item of my argument is the way Hexagon 2 is being treated as a product. Some members of the DAZ community are being given the opportunity to purchase the product at $1.99. This devalues the worth of the application.

Special consideration is being given the DAZ community while instead of receiving the Carrara, Hexagon community with the same respect; we're being treated like second class citizens.

On many different occasions throughout my life I have been called nigger because of the color of my skin and spic because of my ethnicity. As a Carrara and Hexagon user, I feel the same way all over again.
Malcolm X once said, “There are two types’ of niggers, the house nigger and the field nigger.”

Thanks DAZ, thanks for treating me like a "field nigger".

steama
13/05/2006, 07h39
Who cares! Business is what business is and the beat goes on. No business ever asked or told me their intentions before. It's about the products anyway and who has the finances to develop them.

What I care about is the usability of Hexagon 2 and how well it functions with Carrara 5.