PDA

Voir la version complète : Carrara3D.com by Markus Rothkranz

staigerman
20/04/2006, 04h07
This falkls probably into the category of finished work and in progress too:

Markus Rothkranz, a Hollywood special fx animator who now lives in Las Vegas, has created a website to show what's possible with Carrara, and to share his passion for using 3D in film.

http://www.carrara3d.com

Also, the newest issue of CreativeCow magazine is about to hit the streets, and there will be lots of it at NAB next week. Markus is on the front cover and inside, talking about Atomic City.

-Philip

AlainK
20/04/2006, 05h53
I haven't touched on the animation part, but when it comes to stills, Carrara can pretty much do anything you can imagine. I'll show my stills one of these days.. ;-)

Those samples are very encouraging, nonetheless. Thanks for the link.

Sarissi
20/04/2006, 13h59
Forbidden. You don't have permission to access / on this server.

is what I get when I click on that link.

( / is root, and means it is a linux/BSD/Unix host )

bwtr
20/04/2006, 15h00
No access problems for me ---WindowsXP.

Sarissi
21/04/2006, 20h36
Works for me now also. In Linux. Site must have gotten alot of hits.

dlk30341
23/04/2006, 17h57
His work is stunning O_O

AlainK
24/04/2006, 02h28
What I find fascinating is his Hollywood-style animations. Who said Carrara can't do these things? I'm wondering if he only uses Carrara's raw features, or does he use other applications?

Philip, is there any chance we could make Markus Rothkranz post in this forum to explain how he makes use of Carrara? His workflow, some of his techniques, tips, tricks, etc.?

Jolran
24/04/2006, 09h03
He mentions particle illusion

staigerman
24/04/2006, 17h02
What I find fascinating is his Hollywood-style animations. Who said Carrara can't do these things? I'm wondering if he only uses Carrara's raw features, or does he use other applications?

Philip, is there any chance we could make Markus Rothkranz post in this forum to explain how he makes use of Carrara? His workflow, some of his techniques, tips, tricks, etc.?

I don't know all the other tools he uses but it's mostly or exclusively carrara for the 3D as far as I know. He does also use ParticleIllusion indeed and other things like animated displacement or bump maps from various sources. I think he uses Video toaster also but not 100% sure. I could be wrong.

WillBellJr
24/04/2006, 19h04
Yes, Particle Illusion is a must for the graphics toolbox for sure!

Eovia needs to put this guy on their payroll! :shiny:

Definitely inspiring - what's really great is he makes it all seem so fun which is what it's all about!

When your software really works for you and you're (finally) productive, it SHOULD be just that - FUN! :sun:

-Will