PDA

Voir la version complète : Alternative plug-ins?

DudeDudely222
09/04/2006, 08h55
I hope this isn't considered blasphemy or something and nobody is going to come assasinate me in my sleep but is there perhaps any kind of free plug-ins somewhere for Carrara like the Anything Goos plug-in for people who don't have enough money for those ones?

bwtr
09/04/2006, 11h18
Compared to the plugins for other apps, those from, mainly, Inagoni and Digital Carvers Guild seem to be extremely cheap. I think you have the qualifications to make us some free ones, how about it?

Senyac
09/04/2006, 13h38
Ditital Carvers Guilds plugins are worth every cent ,
But if you cant afford Anything goos you could save your texture out with the UV mapper and dirty it up in Paint shop or any 2d paint program and then reapply it in Carrara , It takes more work but it cost you nothing ;)

LoneGunman
09/04/2006, 18h06
I hope this isn't considered blasphemy or something and nobody is going to come assasinate me in my sleep but is there perhaps any kind of free plug-ins somewhere for Carrara like the Anything Goos plug-in for people who don't have enough money for those ones?

For dirtying up your textures I would highly reccomend doing it by hand, much grater control IMO. Lot of tutorials on the web for that too. :)

I did not yet found one single Carrara plugin worth buying, but again, I enjoy to model and make my own textures as well :p

ewinemiller
09/04/2006, 18h45
This might be a little more long term plan, but in the past I've partnered with Carl at 3DXtract so that if you created a tutorial for 3DXtract magazine, you could either be paid or pick 2 DCG plug-ins. I saw that he was looking for new content a while back and I'd certainly be willing to do the 2 plug-in deal again. You'd need to contact him and see where things are with the next issue.

Regards,

DudeDudely222
09/04/2006, 20h47
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'll have to look into a few of those.