PDA

Voir la version complète : new web site!!

fionaba
18/02/2006, 07h55
Hello, every one, this is just a message to introduce my site. It has been all done in carrara 4 pro, please dont be to harsh on me im not a web master, It has been a loong road. Thank you.
http://www.ridercustompainting.com:hi:

bwtr
18/02/2006, 09h31
Now thats what I call VERY well done. Congratulations.

tonytrout
19/02/2006, 04h30
Well done. Some day I would like to do this too. Good luck with your site. :)

JuST
20/02/2006, 20h26
Yes, it is a nice concept. But I do not like the fact that your pictures load so slowly. :( Perhaps you can compromise them a little?

fionaba
20/02/2006, 21h06
Thanks everyone, Ill see what can i do with the images. Any thing else you all would like to see more? free textures? more freemodels? more shaders? You say Ill do my best.

andywright
20/02/2006, 21h10
Yes, it is a nice concept. But I do not like the fact that your pictures load so slowly. :( Perhaps you can compromise them a little?

Depends on what connection speed you are catering for. With 2mbs broadband, the site loads quickly. This is a general problem with web pages is you need to remember there are still people with dial up modems out there o_O Perhaps a Hi-Res / Lo-res option for people to choose ?

I have a website that I have built over the last year, and when I have some Carrara work worth displaying I will add the link to my sig :blush:

JuST
20/02/2006, 22h52
Well, in my opinion all website should try to compress their pictures. I have a fast connection too (2mbit) but I think that one picture (online) should not have more than (max) 200kb! Otherwise people with slower connections would have problems. Another reason is, that it causes much more traffic if the pictures are big.
On this Homepage even the pictures in the gallery don't have more than 200kb or so.
So in my opinion a background image (which everyone has to load and which is important to load fast to create a good look of the site) should have (max) 1/4 of it.

Wingnut
21/02/2006, 01h54
Well done. Wow you're Lightyears ahead of me.

fionaba
21/02/2006, 05h30
ok images now are half size in the gallery no more than 30k but i forgot to fix the backgrounds, they are in gif and muuuch more bigger than if they where in jpg so ill try to fix them up in the next days. BUT what about the content? What do you guys like more? What would you like to see more? Is it interesting for you or just bull...? Help me. Thanks any way for all the help Im getting to make it a better site