PDA

Voir la version complète : carrara+book for sale...both new.

zkev
27/08/2005, 01h23
carrara 3 (new, in shrink wrap) and new C3 handbook
for sale on ebay...just go look, I wont put any links
here. You cant miss it, practically giving it away. If you
don't need it tell a friend,

thanks, Kevin

Ringo Monfort
27/08/2005, 23h31
Hi, I see a few of the Carrara 3s there at very low prices.
I also found a few Poser 5 and POser6 on sale at eBay funny thing about that is that e-Frontiers states that they DO NOT allow anyone to sell Poser at any of the auctions sites like eBay. They say that according to their EULA they can stop the user from sell it at auctions site. BUT I don't see anyone removing the Poser boxes that are on sale at eBay.

Here is what e-frontier.com says :

"n order to satisfy this commitment to our community, we do not allow our product to be sold on Ebay or other auction sites, which, per our licensing agreements, is within our right. We proactively monitor online auctions and have auction companies remove any listing that violates our licensing agreements. "

very interesting to know I would say.

Ringo

zkev
27/08/2005, 23h48
never crossed my mind that eovia would not allow
its software on ebay...wouldnt have done it if they
didn't. Anyway...to late its sold.

if they DONT allow that, then they better check out
ebay because there are tons of C3's on sale there. :unsure:

zkev
:hi:

Thomas
28/08/2005, 01h12
Eovia allow it ;p

Ringo Monfort
28/08/2005, 01h55
Hi, Kevin

Pal, I didn't say Eovia didn't allow it.

I was point out that e-frontier/CuriousLabs don't allow the sale of Poser via ebay.
Just happens that I was reading the EULA for Poser about 2 days ago. Frankly the Poser EULA is not very user friendly.
The EULA for Poser 5 was the main issue why DAZ3D did not support Poser5. Dan Farr went as far as telling Steve Cooper/ex CEO of CuriousLabs that unless they change the EULA of Poser 5 DAZ would not be supporting Poser 5 and would only support Poser 4.
Long story and you can find Dans and Cooper post at Renderosity and PoserPros.

Some it is a good idea to read those EULA. :-)

Nichod
28/08/2005, 13h53
I was point out that e-frontier/CuriousLabs don't allow the sale of Poser via ebay. Just happens that I was reading the EULA for Poser about 2 days ago. Frankly the Poser EULA is not very user friendly.
The EULA for Poser 5 was the main issue why DAZ3D did not support Poser5. Dan Farr went as far as telling Steve Cooper/ex CEO of CuriousLabs that unless they change the EULA of Poser 5 DAZ would not be supporting Poser 5 and would only support Poser 4. Long story and you can find Dans and Cooper post at Renderosity and PoserPros.

Can't sell it on ebay? Hrm. Thats lame. We own it, we should be able to sell our copy however we want. :whatever:

AWBenson
30/08/2005, 16h52
Adobe's CS line-up has, also, limits iimposed by the software and it's license.

For example, the PhotoShop can only be installed (with online registration, otherwise no-work after 30 days) on two machines. Period. You have to go online with one of the installed computers and "deactivite" that copy of PhotoShop before you uninstall it and re-install it on a different machines. Hopefully you don't uninstall PS without deactiviting it (or suffer from a major computer crash) because you'll not be able to reinstall it elsewhere because it's still registered to the prior machine.

AWBenson

CnoEvil
20/11/2005, 22h48
Tying software to a particular machine is a bad idea that is coming in vogue with a number of software companies. Software companies are increasingly trying to limit and impose restrictions on what you can and can not do with the software that you pay your hard earned money for the right to use, consequently; these for profit software companies are the major driving force behind the open source movement. They themselves are throwing gasoline on the fire that threatens them. People are chaffed by shelling out their hard earned bucks only to find that they are tied to so many restrictions on how they can use what they just payed for. For profit companies need to reevaluate this mentality and recognize that it just may be hurting them more than it is helping them.

I'm not against these guys making a profit and protecting their intellectual properties, but there are eventual boundries that will force users to weigh other options - many are weighing them now and throwing all or most commercial software off of their desktops and the ones they are willing to pay for have extremely liberal usage policies. The software industry is increasingly becoming more and more a service/support business model and less of a product oriented business model. Time for the big guns in the industry to get the clue.