PDA

Voir la version complète : HEX to DAZ studio

dooki
06/08/2007, 19h45
Hey all,

I was checking out the new "puppeteer" tool in D/S. I've made my own character model in HEX and tried to use in D/S. It imporrts as one obj and I can't add bones to it. Does anyone know how to make a character in HEX and use in D/S puppeteer?

And yes, I have emailed DAZ and have NOT gotten a responce yet.

Thanks,
Dooki

steama
07/08/2007, 00h57
TOLL FREE: 1(800)267-5170

Now they can't escape your grip...well on second thought maybe they can.

laughingnome
07/08/2007, 01h06
hi Dooki,
if its importing as a single obect its been exported/imported as a single object into DS.
try running it thru a uv mapper first and dont weld seams, assign groups etc, use group names etc when importing.
ive moved this thread out of the Hex forum into the misc forum as its primarly a grouping/mapping and rigging issue for DS not a modeling problem.

regards
stu

dooki
08/08/2007, 00h23
Thanks Stu

Just heard back from DAZ. Turns out that I need to create bones (rigging) in Carrara and then export to DS.

Thanks for the help!
-Dooki

laughingnome
08/08/2007, 01h04
cool thanks for the update Dooki:happy:

regards
stu

Ringo Monfort
08/08/2007, 06h07
Something is wrong with that info. Carrara cannot export rigged characters to any format not even Daz Studio?
Who told you this?

Well maybe the Kaydara format may work...not sure.

Thanks Stu

Just heard back from DAZ. Turns out that I need to create bones (rigging) in Carrara and then export to DS.

Thanks for the help!
-Dooki

dooki
08/08/2007, 08h53
Hey Ringo,

Here is the quote from Kraig Hausmann:
"DAZ Studio and Hexagon won’t allow you to create boning (rigging) for a figure. Carrara will allow you to do that with its skeleton creation (Bone Tool)."

-Dooki

Piem
08/08/2007, 10h51
Well maybe the Kaydara format may work...not sure.
Yep, fbx works but got limitations (no symetry allowed, if I remember..problem with joins orientation, original position only..etc).

Now the biggest issue is (was ?) the obj export: a rigged character is (was?) always exported in its original position which is (was?) a real problem when you want to make some more final work in an other app.

Plum
09/08/2007, 06h16
Hey Ringo,

Here is the quote from Kraig Hausmann:
"DAZ Studio and Hexagon won’t allow you to create boning (rigging) for a figure. Carrara will allow you to do that with its skeleton creation (Bone Tool)."

-Dooki

Yes, but you will notice that they didn't say you can then export from Carrara and import into DAZ Studio. They didn't mention any exporting at all. This sounds like a bit of wool to me (as in, trying to pull it over your eyes so you buy Carrara).

I'd send another email and ask SPECIFICALLY if you can create a model in Hexagon, export it as .obj, import that to Carrara, add a skeleton and rig it, then export that rigged object into DAZ...keeping ALL bone/weight, contraint, and other assignments.

I suspect the reply will be "No."

Ascania
11/08/2007, 21h20
D|S uses Poser figures and those you have to - yes, you guessed it, rig in Poser. The's no way around that and the $250 it costs if you want to make characters for D|S.
Though, if you're not that tied down to using D|S as your final application and thus NEED to create characters to be used in that program but are actually willing to consider an alternative, then get Carrara, rig your character in there and render in Carrara. You may not be able to use it in D|S as you like but Carrara is able to do just about anything D|S does. And it's cheaper than Poser currently

pem
17/08/2007, 10h37
Hey all,

I was checking out the new "puppeteer" tool in D/S. I've made my own character model in HEX and tried to use in D/S. It imporrts as one obj and I can't add bones to it. Does anyone know how to make a character in HEX and use in D/S puppeteer?

And yes, I have emailed DAZ and have NOT gotten a responce yet.

Thanks,
Dooki

As Ascania said, to make a D|S figure, you have to rig it in Poser, anything above version 4Pro should do it. Purplus has Poser 6 for $90 USD http://store.purplus.net/poser6.html . Bit of a pain in the ass to rig in Poser but there are lots of books and a few tutorials about it. You'd be better off loading it in to Carrara, rigging, animating and rendering from there. The Driven plugin by associatedFX could help the rigging and controls. I won't be puppeteer but it helps. It would be nice to have puppeteer in Carrara.

As for emailing DAZ, the best recommendation is to post in the forums as most of their attention is directed there. Customer support questions about products you bought from them get answered by email but you will get the fastest response to general inquiries from the forums.

dooki
17/08/2007, 19h47
Hey all,

THanks for the info. I do have Carrara but I wanted to play around with the Puppeteer tool in D/S. I've just been playing with stock models from DAZ but it would be soooo much more fun to make your own. THanks again!

-Dooki