PDA

Voir la version complète : Do CG artists dream of polygon sheep...?

tonytrout
11/07/2007, 21h01
(with kudos to the master Phillip K Dick)

Just a thought, are your nights filled with visions of wireframed women, werewolves, cowboys and bunnies hopping round? Or should I drink less caffeine before I go to bed?

jbshorty
11/07/2007, 21h08
at least i'm not the only weirdo who dreams in wireframe lol !!!

tonytrout
11/07/2007, 21h15
Yes lol also is bit disturbing when during the day I miss the conversation cause Im tracing the edgeloops on the persons face with my eyes, and imagining them in a particlarly attractive light grey lightmap.

jbshorty
11/07/2007, 21h31
tony, you might want to get yourself checked out. Or maybe checked in ? lol :p

tonytrout
11/07/2007, 22h07
Maybe a holiday :p

jbshorty
11/07/2007, 22h26
YES, me too!!! :beer:

Couerl
12/07/2007, 00h06
I dream of the day when I can put what is in my mind down in a render quickly and effortlessly and then just as quickly and effortlessly animate it. Modeling came a long way with Hex from the Spline and VM for me and perhaps a good solid 3d paint, (wysiwig) would fill the gap.. I'm not too inclined to go out and get Modo or Zbrush as it's more or less a hobby and even though I love it, I can only spend so much and have bills to pay too.

I have never had a Hexadream or anything, but I always dream up things I would love to model and animate. Right now at this level, the tools and my skills still need improving and it's interesting to me to watch them both develop and grow.

It's still exciting to be in on 3D even at this point, having waited a long time for things like modeling to improve. The next generation, we'll be posting movies as easily as we post Wips and still shots and that will make the creative elements a lot more interesting I think. :)

Nate Owens
12/07/2007, 01h51
Sometimes when I'm burned out, I dream of hauling the whole computer stuff to the dump, going home and setting up the easel and doing some oil painting of something that I want to do... clients can go take a leap in the lake.... but the the last part was true before the computer advent... so I think it actually is not really a CG dream

Couerl
12/07/2007, 02h03
What do you mean "sometimes"? :)

bwtr
12/07/2007, 03h05
Last night I dreamed of agreeing with our Prime Minister! It's called a nightmare.

When I was "younger" I dreamed of naked women in wire cages swinging around a brass pole! I bet they are the same wire mesh you all dream about but not honest enough to admit to!

Nate Owens
12/07/2007, 05h02
What do you mean "sometimes"? :)

:bleh: :beee: :lazy: :spunish: :heat: :slow_spee :skull:

tonytrout
12/07/2007, 08h13
Hexadream

So there is a medical term for it lol

Seriously (if its possible to be taken seriously after having been psychically scarred for life after hearing Brians "younger" fantasies) when I see or imagine something in my 'minds eye' sometimes it is lost, like a dream the brightness and form of the image fades, sometimes I manage to capture it in a sketch, or model. Sometimes when I work on it it the idea solidifies and gels and all is good. Often times the resultl is a pale imitation, much removed from what I originally saw. I admire those who have the discipline to model every day.

I like the idea that the newer software will make it easier to acheive because sometimes the computer graphics seems like the enigmatic black slab from the future in film 2001, sometimes it makes me feel half machine and half man.... and dream of electric sheep.

bwtr
12/07/2007, 09h19
Well at least a Hexadream is better than a Carraronary!

ps. I saw the real thing of those cages on TV but never visited those places. In fact I have never ever been to a nightclub!

Have I time to do all those things I missed out on in life?

tonytrout
12/07/2007, 11h07
Yep , seems like time you should visit Kings Cross :)

Couerl
12/07/2007, 18h03
Well at least a Hexadream is better than a Carraronary!

ps. I saw the real thing of those cages on TV but never visited those places. In fact I have never ever been to a nightclub!

Have I time to do all those things I missed out on in life?

Ya sure, and you're always talking about what us young whippersnappers are missing out on in life, go get some! ;)

I haven't been to a strip joint since my 20's, but I work with a lot of strippers (recovering drug/alcohol addicts) and others of all ages, shape and size.
Live life, be happy and healthy and do everything in moderation! :)

jbshorty
12/07/2007, 18h52
...I work with a lot of strippers...

you mean you help them recover? or you help them while they are working? please clarify :p ...

shorty

Couerl
12/07/2007, 18h56
:ohmy: I'll help anybody who wants it, but I don't take checks. :)

bwtr
13/07/2007, 02h44
I need a crutch.