PDA

Voir la version complète : Linux 3D desktop

solt
21/06/2007, 02h48
http://www.toolinux.com/news/media/u...be_ar8027.html (http://www.toolinux.com/news/media/une_video_d_un_bureau_linux_3d_qui_decoiffe_sur_yo utube_ar8027.html)

that is funny but do not make you worker faster or better :)

Plum
22/06/2007, 16h56
Hiya.

hehe...very very cool looking. It sure would be fun to play around with though. :) It may not make you work faster or better...but the entertainment value and coolness factor (not to mention the "In your FACE, Microsoft!" bonus :) ).

solt
25/06/2007, 11h02
Hiya.
not to mention the "In your FACE, Microsoft!" bonus :) .

oh yes lol

sailor-ed
25/06/2007, 23h36
I use PCLinuxOS with the 3d desktop. I personally don't like my windows to wiggle (you can turn that off) but I find the rotating cube desktop to be kind of handy and easy to use. (Unlike the Windows multi desktop implementations I have seen.)

If you are into nice looking desktops there is a lot of room for customization in Linux these days.

Plum
26/06/2007, 03h41
Oh GODS I'd love to be able to switch to Linux! But, until I can get a few key programs to work with it (*without* an emulator), I'm stuck with Windows. :crying2: In particular...

Corel Painter 9.5
Hexagon 2.1
UltimateUnwrap3D
City of Heros / Villains (I guess this works with Cedega?)
Hardware wise, I think I'm ok..except my current mouse (had to go back to my cheap-o one because my $100 logitech decided to just stop working...days after the warranty ran out; I guess the "disable the device to force customer to buy a new one" chip must have activated). :[

sailor-ed
26/06/2007, 14h53
I dual boot and wind up using PCLOS for internet and windows for my rendering etc. There is a handy program called ext2ifs which allows windows to access Linux partitions so files can be shared easily between the two OSs. I would prefer to virtualize windows in Linux but that is not there with 3d hardware accelerated graphics just yet.

solt
26/06/2007, 23h23
I There is a handy program called ext2ifs which allows windows to access Linux partitions so files can be shared easily between the two OSs.

thanks for this info sailor-ed, i did not know this this program ...:hi:

Nichod
01/07/2007, 16h51
Have you tried Virtual Box? Really for most things 3d acceleration isn't necessary. If you have a dual core system and a fair amount of RAM most modeling and 3d tasks should function adequately. And most Linux OS's are not resource hogs.

I think Beryl is mostly useless. Neat to look at, but not something I'd use.

ericsnapple
09/07/2007, 11h36
Hiya.

hehe...very very cool looking. It sure would be fun to play around with though. :) It may not make you work faster or better...but the entertainment value and coolness factor (not to mention the "In your FACE, Microsoft!" bonus :) ).

Well, it makes me more prodictive, knowing that when I close a window it vanishes into fire. Sinister laugh... I use Sabayon with Beryl. It works for me. Although I dont particularly have any use for a Linux-based computer (other than linux exclusives) I use it every now and again.