PDA

Voir la version complète : 4 Days Until DAZ 3D Web-Site

Ringo Monfort
09/06/2007, 14h42
Just to inform the Carrara & Hexagon community about the latest announcement from DAZ.

4 Days Until DAZ 3D Web-Site - Grand Re-Opening,,,,Get ready for a whole new DAZ3D experience.

On Tuesday, June 12th, the way you find content, acquire software and communicate
to others will get a whole lot easier. We’re excited for this awesome grand
re-opening of our web-site, and we know you’ll appreciate the style and
functional changes we’ve made.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=871145

diego1968
09/06/2007, 14h58
Thanks for the news.
I long to see if it looks like what i was waiting for !

crazy wabbit
09/06/2007, 16h28
I hope Hex and Carrara will stand out and have their own dedicated sections.

Nate Owens
09/06/2007, 23h06

DITTO that, Mr. Crazy :hi:
(Make that double ditto!)

solt
10/06/2007, 00h48
Just to inform the Carrara & Hexagon community about the latest announcement from DAZ.

4 Days Until DAZ 3D Web-Site - Grand Re-Opening,,,,Get ready for a whole new DAZ3D experience.
the grand old opry ?
yes i'am an old time fan of country music !:w00t:
hank williams and his old guitar on tour , sponsoring by DAZ , yeah i don't beleive it :w00t: he is dead ? :huh:
seriously, wait and see !

First Gear Territories
10/06/2007, 04h32

Agreed!

crazy wabbit
10/06/2007, 04h41
Oh guys I feel so much support from you all, it is like having all my bunny friends with me.

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/321/reviews/932877_111806_embed001.jpg

crazy wabbit
12/06/2007, 13h44
The DAZ Site has gone down for maintenance at 11:38pm MDT, and maintenance is expected to last at least an hour.

:huh:o_O:ohmy::(:dry:

Nate Owens
12/06/2007, 14h33
...it is like having all my bunny friends with me You know, I do feel kind of fuzzy.... o_O
(Maybe I need to shave)

Couerl
12/06/2007, 16h26
Behzad, with that avatar I can smell your rabitosis. Go brush your teeth. ;)

Nate Owens
12/06/2007, 16h29
DAZ site is back. DAZzling. Didn't see much new but the look.

Ringo Monfort
12/06/2007, 16h43
By the way DAZ official new name and logo is DAZ 3D no more DAZ Productions.

Nichod
12/06/2007, 17h35
I like the way software and content are a bit clearer seperated.

Couerl
12/06/2007, 17h47
Looks like a website to me, maybe a bit too bright. I like darker backgrounds myself because they are easier on the eyes but its just a personal taste I guess.

jbshorty
12/06/2007, 18h36
i like it. It's much easier to navigate than before. and it doesn't feel like content or software are prioritized over the other. eveything is right there at the top of the page, equally visible and accessible. Now if they can keep the naked elves from being plastered on the mainpage, i will be tempted to visit from time to time...

shorty

Ringo Monfort
13/06/2007, 00h02
Are those naked green elves? lol

i like it. It's much easier to navigate than before. and it doesn't feel like content or software are prioritized over the other. eveything is right there at the top of the page, equally visible and accessible. Now if they can keep the naked elves from being plastered on the mainpage, i will be tempted to visit from time to time...

shorty

jbshorty
13/06/2007, 02h08
Are those naked green elves? lol

yup. except for the rosy cheeks when you whisper in their ear :p ...

ronjurman
13/06/2007, 07h18
Responses over at DAZ seem to be running very negative in general. Must not be tacky enough.:) :blush2:

rj

pgrimaldi
13/06/2007, 07h44
By the way DAZ official new name and logo is DAZ 3D no more DAZ Productions.

... but they've forgotten to update the old title :
<title>DAZ Productions - 3D Models, 3D Content, and 3D Software</title>
:sp2:

Ringo Monfort
13/06/2007, 13h47
Yes I have notice.

There are a few things they need to iron out.

Ringo

... but they've forgotten to update the old title :
<title>DAZ Productions - 3D Models, 3D Content, and 3D Software</title>
:sp2:

jbshorty
13/06/2007, 14h36
Responses over at DAZ seem to be running very negative in general. Must not be tacky enough.:) :blush2:

rj

well, you know what they say "You can't please everybody". But as long as I'm happy, who cares what anyone else thinks lol !

corzair
13/06/2007, 15h21
'Bloody Hell' finally... i'm glad its not as blue tacki as before

its about time... lets hope/pray for some overdue patches for Hex2 and Carrara5 ... that would make me happy!

mayito7777
13/06/2007, 15h49
Amen brother. Keep the preaching going!!!

Sketchy
14/06/2007, 01h59
I don't care much about the DAZ makeover quite frankly. All I care about is the release of C6.:shiny: But I have to say I like it better than the previous one. Truth is, I like seeing beautiful 3d models in there. Someday I would like to do serious modeling on women's faces. I prefer smooth shiny untextured things. It represents modernity. I don't care much about modeling monsters, monkeys, mutilated faces and such. I'm sick of seeing them in the Zbrush site. To me they represent doom and gloom and stone age. If I have to do full-blast organic modeling, I'd chose the domesticated which represents peace, abundance, tranquility, nature. Roosters, cats, dogs...

crazy wabbit
14/06/2007, 03h40
Did I say, Daz made a blind wabbit out of me :[

Nate Owens
14/06/2007, 15h37
..... I don't care much about modeling monsters, monkeys, mutilated faces and such. I'm sick of seeing them in the Zbrush site. To me they represent doom and gloom and stone age. If I have to do full-blast organic modeling, I'd chose the domesticated which represents peace, abundance, tranquility, nature. Roosters, cats, dogs...
You go! Sketchy... I agree 199% (make it 200%) Surely there must be better things to do for those folks with so much talent -- seems a waste. Of course they can do what they want. :flower:

http://www.nateowens.com/howto_tips/3Dwork/DogColor_T.gif

mayito7777
14/06/2007, 15h51
Agreed with you 2, I am tired of seeing the same monster kind of thing, what about some nice cityscape or other type of organic creations?

steama
15/06/2007, 15h45
Very postive development!

I think DAZ 3D has done a supurb job on their new website. I love it and find it encouraging and appreciate their effort. IMHO DAZ has shown they can listen to customer suggestions.

Kudos to DAZ 3D and thanks,

Stan

laughingnome
17/06/2007, 01h03
personally i quite like the new look, however its havng serious side effects to members at other sites it seems.
serious headaches, temporary blindness, actual physical pain.
i was there for 3 hours today ,didnt experience any of those and i actually do have light sensitive eyes due to a medical condition.

stu

Couerl
17/06/2007, 01h15
Hi Stu,

3 hours? You have a high threshold for pain. I spent 20 minutes and felt like hanging myself in the basement. Carrara and Hex forums have been very slow as of late there it seems as well, which may or may not be a bad thing. Not sure if I should try and sell content or open a clinic, a lot of emotional turbulence in 3D-land. :(

I think they did a pretty nice job too fwiw, but I never really cared as much as a lot of people one way or the other. It's not the color of the site that makes it shine, its the peeps. :happy:

Long live the loop!

laughingnome
17/06/2007, 11h51
just doing some research Steve:p
im used to dealing with poser users, so i have a pretty thick skin:)
they complain about every stupid thing endlessly, next week itll be the logo at rosity or some such nonsenselol

a weeks a long tme in poserland:dry:

stu

solt
17/06/2007, 23h21
I'm sick of seeing them in the Zbrush site. To me they represent doom and gloom and stone age. If I have to do full-blast organic modeling, I'd chose the domesticated which represents peace, abundance, tranquility, nature. Roosters, cats, dogs...

that is the yin and the yang.

if nobody makes sticky monsters and other hideous things, you will not be able to appriciate the opposite... tranquility, nature. Roosters, cats, dogs etc ...no ?:)
BTW, i'am not a fan of sticky monsters lol

Nate Owens
18/06/2007, 05h55
....if nobody makes sticky monsters and other hideous things, you will not be able to appriciate the opposite... tranquility, nature. Roosters, cats, dogs etc ...

If the "yin" is real life, death, cancer, deformity, alzheimers, murder, hurricanes, 911 and terrorist cowards with bombs that kill children and non-combatants.
Then the "yang" would be the opposite

If an artist is going to create a fantasy why not do something original (not just repeat what life dishes out). Why not produce something to lift the spirit not add more to deflate it.

If you want carnage and blood stuff, ride with the paramedics or go into combat. If you want to see putrifying flesh riddled with maggots, drive down the highway until you find some road-kill. All of that is very common... all around... and art is, by definition:
art:–noun 1. the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance. - - dictionary.com

cre·ate: 1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.....
7. to do something creative or constructive. - - dictionary.com

Do something worthwhile with your time and your art... contribute something that adds, not that tears down... if nothing more than something that makes people laugh or feel compassion

This is one of those subjects that has a gazillion opinions... but this section of the forum does say "free talking is here"

solt
18/06/2007, 13h07
If the "yin" is real life, death, cancer, deformity, alzheimers, murder, hurricanes, 911 and terrorist cowards with bombs that kill children and non-combatants.
Then the "yang" would be the opposite

you may add to your list WAR, every kind of war!

If an artist is going to create a fantasy why not do something original (not just repeat what life dishes out). Why not produce something to lift the spirit not add more to deflate it.

If you want carnage and blood stuff, ride with the paramedics or go into combat. If you want to see putrifying flesh riddled with maggots, drive down the highway until you find some road-kill. All of that is very common... all around... and art is, by definition:
art:–noun 1. the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance. - - dictionary.com
cre·ate: 1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.....
7. to do something creative or constructive. - - dictionary.comDo something worthwhile with your time and your art... contribute something that adds, not that tears down... if nothing more than something that makes people laugh or feel compassion

I'am ok with you, like i said i'am not for sticky monsters or other " yin" stuff.
I do not want to reproduce what these insane humanity do in real life .
take a look at my gallerty, my art is inspired by the beauty of nature and what is good in the human heart and spirit ...

and i think , we all here in this forum are working to produce something to lift the spirit...

This is one of those subjects that has a gazillion opinions... but this section of the forum does say "free talking is here"

an endeless story :hi:

laughingnome
18/06/2007, 13h21
art is subjective Nate, as a commercial illustrator im sure you will appreciate that.:)
one persons Yin is anothers Yang. it always personal preference that determines which is art or which isnt.
please feel free to disagree or agree.
this is a public discussion forum:happy:

stu

jbshorty
18/06/2007, 13h36
How can "art" be defined by any set of words? that is the whole joke. A dictionary must attempt to define the word "art" but can never define something so abtract that it has a different meaning to each person. Lucky for me, nothing which i do qualifies as art :shiny: !!!

shorty

laughingnome
18/06/2007, 14h59
have you tried poser shorty?
joke on my part :p

stu

jbshorty
18/06/2007, 15h19
sure, every time i walk by a mirror :shiny:

laughingnome
18/06/2007, 15h22
:) :) :)

stu

laughingnome
18/06/2007, 17h22
How can "art" be defined by any set of words? that is the whole joke. A dictionary must attempt to define the word "art" but can never define something so abtract that it has a different meaning to each person. Lucky for me, nothing which i do qualifies as art :shiny: !!!

shorty

i wouldnt say nothing you did qualifies as art Shorty:shiny: , you kinda echoed my point though in that art is subjective.
cept Poser artlol again a joke on my part:p my apologies to poser users:innocent:

stu

jbshorty
18/06/2007, 17h40
I am not beautiful, I am art :p... On a related note (by "related" i mean it is WAY off-topic) this video is kind of funny. And from my experience working with young designers, it's not that far from the truth. Luckily they act like this only when they graduate design school... then reality stikes :w00t:

http://www.designerslashmodel.com/movie.html

shorty

laughingnome
18/06/2007, 18h06
i like to think outside of the cone, hahahaha
a guy polishing his awards.
brilliant stuff:p
cool link shorty im going to save that one for rainy days lol

stu

Nate Owens
18/06/2007, 18h12
I don't disagree with any of the comments.
Art is really subjective.
Met a lady once who was getting a lot of publicity for her art... created by flying over a huge canvas in a cow pasture - then trimmed her canvas to get the right composition. For real! Then there were the canvases painted by worms squiggling around in paint.
I blew my nose earlier today. I'm thinking about framing the tissue... I might be the next Picasso?
(The tissues used to me more colorful back when I painted with an airbrush... blues, purples... very interesting. :w00t: )

laughingnome
18/06/2007, 18h18
hahaha its so damn funny i cant watch it all in one go.
most excellent link shorty my friendlol
i needed a lift, the cwazy wabbit helped but that lifted my soul bud.

stu

Nate Owens
18/06/2007, 18h20
Will do the link later, Shorty.. this flaptop doesn't like the file for some reason?

jbshorty
18/06/2007, 18h35
Z-Space. That's where it all happens... lol :innocent:

laughingnome
18/06/2007, 19h44
shorty i've seen some funny stuff online over the years but this is just brilliant .
still cant watch it all in one golol
i know, im not thinking outside the pyramid. z space is where it all happens.
can we have a z space tool in hex3:shiny:

stu

crazy wabbit
21/06/2007, 02h35
I am very bitter now, my eyes get tired looking at DAZ site, How hard is it for them to change the colors, some sites allow the users to select different color settings. Why on earth is DAZ so slow?:crying2:

Nate Owens
21/06/2007, 06h23
You must eat more carrots.
Good 4 eyes.
o_O

jbshorty
21/06/2007, 14h00
anybody want to know the nutrional content of a cwazy wabbit? :w00t:

I just went onto the DAZ forum for the first time. You're right. After about 15 minutes my eyes are totally bugged out. That silver color is horrible in the discussion forums. My only suggestion is you should spend more time at Polyloop :shiny:

mayito7777
21/06/2007, 14h42
Only 6g protein? what a waste of meat!!!

Nate Owens
21/06/2007, 15h56
Those wabbits can run!
Used to see them at the dog track in Miami... always outran the pups.
Guess you need to plan on something else for lunch, cause you'd never catch him anyway.

I guess I don't spend enough time at the DAZ sites to get eye problems... take a look every now and then to see if any new updates.