PDA

Voir la version complète : Why Why why all these 3d apps?

crazy wabbit
02/05/2007, 04h05
Someone answer me please, why so many applications that do the same thing?

maxon, modo, you name it. I am talking about just doing still images.
Why so many, it makes it harder for us to stick to one.

Am I going crazy?:innocent::huh:

sadot
02/05/2007, 04h37
All (most of them) have the same base but each one makes a thing in special and depends on your ability or your affability with that program

The signature of the director of SubdivisionModeling.com Jason
"tools come and go, keep art as your pasion" :happy:

well now it´s something like: "imagination is more important than knowledge -- Einstein"

sadot
02/05/2007, 04h41
does not matter what application you use what matters is your ability to create something with that

"el que es gallo donde quiera canta"

Odessey
02/05/2007, 04h57
Hey behazd thought i would drop by and put my 2 cents in , my self just being a hobbyist of 3-D rendering like to spend my hard earned money on software for various reasons such as getting that certain edge image quallity wise ,and also sense of accomplishment and the challange :shiny: and it keeps me from going back to smoking which i have been nicotine free for six years now hence more money for software and plus it's a perfect way to tune out the television and the the bad things in the world and yes of course the JOB , a pure form of escapeism for me, and the major thing is my wife knows where i am most of the time just jokeing just in case she reads this thread !:hi:

Michael.

crazy wabbit
02/05/2007, 13h44
Thanks Michael, Yo
I just go nuts trying to guess what software I should invest in, but I should start with what I have. Your right Yo it is the artist. I seen crappy work done even in Maya or Max. Thanks I think I am a crazy wabbit still.:heat:

handrawn
02/05/2007, 21h33
hi wabbit :hi:,

I use blender, I started with it because it's free, not easy perhaps but I got to like it, like it a lot in fact. I guess it would be wrench now to get used to another interface completely - 3D not being a major part of my work.
As was said, its the work that counts - So I use what I feel comfortable with.
Different folks - different task oriented projects - different applications

crazy wabbit
02/05/2007, 22h52
Nice green eyes, make sure you share your progress with us, if you do i will share my carrots from last year.:shiny:

Ascania
03/05/2007, 00h37
Why are there so many different brands of consumer cars when they all do the same thing?

Because people aren't all the same and small subjective differences matter.
Because developers show new and innovative ways to do things and applications still live long after the innovation they introduce became industry standard.
And because fans stand by "their" application and won't let it die off.

handrawn
03/05/2007, 01h02
Nice green eyes, make sure you share your progress with us, if you do i will share my carrots from last year.:shiny:
I'll look forward to that :w00t:

crazy wabbit
03/05/2007, 02h10
Because people aren't all the same and small subjective differences matter.

But Wabbits are the same, maybe crazy but their needs are the same :hi:

Grendel
03/05/2007, 02h13
Everyone wants a piece of the pie, and since UI's are very individual, different people like different approaches to how they get things done. Not everyone can use every app just from the UI. I know I can't....

It should'nt make it harder to stick to one, just try to master what you have until you bump into something it can't do then look at something else.

crazy wabbit
03/05/2007, 03h48
Grendel have i told you, I love you:happy:

jbshorty
03/05/2007, 04h33
be happy there are so many low-cost 3D programs out there. This is forcing innovation (on all price ranges of 3D programs). Otherwise, your Cararra UI would be a plain green screen and you'd be modeling objects by entering 3D vertex coordinates for each vertex. not fun at all...

shorty

crazy wabbit
03/05/2007, 14h38
be happy there are so many low-cost 3D programs out there. This is forcing innovation (on all price ranges of 3D programs). Otherwise, your Cararra UI would be a plain green screen and you'd be modeling objects by entering 3D vertex coordinates for each vertex. not fun at all...

shorty

Your right, :hi:

Pete Exxtreme
03/05/2007, 18h59
...and 3d packages price seriously dropped those last years thanks to the competition, and the ever decreasing price of the PC :wub:

Sketchy
05/05/2007, 15h49
Everyone wants a piece of the pie, and since UI's are very individual, different people like different approaches to how they get things done. Not everyone can use every app just from the UI. I know I can't....

It should'nt make it harder to stick to one, just try to master what you have until you bump into something it can't do then look at something else.Couldn't agree more. And that something might just have been already existing but haven't really dig deeper. It's not the money sometimes but the time it takes to learn a new app. I don't have that luxury anymore, so I'm sticking with Carrara and start digging deeper just as I have with Hexagon. I welcome new tools especially when it comes to modeling. I'm looking forward to Amapi 8's release as well as Carrara 6. I'd say that the people behind Hex and Car are brilliant. One word: Simplicity.

Dann-O
05/05/2007, 17h12
UI's are tricky things and some people swear by one and others will swear at it. I just think that you should not spend a lot of money on it there are pleanty of good free and low cost programs that can get the job done. My personal fave is Wings. Every other program I open seems so strange to me wings just works wonders for me. It is free too. Have some other modelers around and one reason or another they are sitting in the dark deep recesses of my hard drive not being used. Find what works for you.

Sketchy
05/05/2007, 18h10
"Most 3D apps do the same nowadays - it's just a matter of which interface you like the best - and this one is my favorite. It has such a FUN interface it makes work feel more like play."

That's what is written in Markus Rothkranz's site (http://carrara3d.com/carrara_misc5.html) referring to Carrara. To find out whether Carrara is still his favorite 3d app, I e-mailed him a few days ago and asked a few questions. His answers were brief, which I expected coming from a very talented celebrity to a complete stranger like me. He said, "Yes. They all do the same things nowadays. It's just a matter of which interface you like the best." Later I asked whether he also does his modeling in Carrara and whether he had ever tried Hex, Silo and Modo. He replied, "Just Carrara. Sometimes I use C4D for some modelling."