PDA

Voir la version complète : XP OS or Vista?

medeamajic
24/03/2007, 21h47
I know some folks were put of by the new Vista OS including myself. Dell is giving people the option to choose Vista or XP. I custom build my systems but laptops I must buy. I think the Dell 6400 with XP will be my best bet. This thread is not a debate but instead a heads up that XP is still being sold through Dell

Piem
24/03/2007, 22h08
I'm afraid I'll have to wait before to install Vista.
The reason #1 is that vista is not build for the people of 3D and Graphic jobs.
Vista is mainly build for the global consumers even if it got some improvments (regarding IE, but I do not use IE) (nice looking..but that's all for me)
The only advice I tell to myself is ..Wait for some patches and when most of the professional sector will be ok..I'll think about it.

In fact I think that the only thing I need would be "a BIG MACHINE" with more POWER and that's all ^^
And render farm for 1 Euro..and more licenses for more cpu.

medeamajic
25/03/2007, 05h47
I agree.

laughingnome
25/03/2007, 08h38
yep ill stick with XP for now:)

more power and a better graphics card for me too.:) :)

stu

-ash-
25/03/2007, 13h37
I've just got a new PC - and I put XP Pro on it. Vista is way too new for my liking. I like to wait until things are nice and stable. Especially hardware drivers. So I think you're making the right choice :thumbup:

I've only just moved over from Windows 2000 lol

Couerl
25/03/2007, 16h59
I would wait until Devs have a chance to respond to all of this. There's something like 60 million lines of code just to upgrade the older nvidia cards(the equivelent of coding windows NT), just to bring the nvidia 6000 series and above up to date and its the same boat for ATI. There's also the question of Open-GL future and that of D3D, Direct-x, DX-10 etc... 3DSMax says they will support Direct-X.

Plum
26/03/2007, 11h51
Hiya.

I'm *never* going to buy Vista. Never. Period. Ever. Not gonna rant here, really.

To me, Vista is akin to a car salesman saying "This car is awesome! Look how shiny the glass is? Ooo...hey, look at the pretty colors! Oh, and check out the uber-sweet looking interior! Best yet, you will never get into a car accident! Why? Because we won't let you! That's right, if you try to drive too fast, we turn off your engine. If you have non-approved tires, we turn off your engine. If you put on the left turn signal and then try and turn right, we turn off your engine. It's fool-proof! You'll be soooo safe! Oh, hey, did we mention how fabuslously gorgeous it looks?" :p

No, I'll stick with dual booting Windows 2000 and Windows XP Pro 64-bit, thanks. :D

wibble
27/03/2007, 03h15
Hiya.

I'm *never* going to buy Vista. Never. Period. Ever. Not gonna rant here, really.

To me, Vista is akin to a car salesman saying "This car is awesome! Look how shiny the glass is? Ooo...hey, look at the pretty colors! Oh, and check out the uber-sweet looking interior! Best yet, you will never get into a car accident! Why? Because we won't let you! That's right, if you try to drive too fast, we turn off your engine. If you have non-approved tires, we turn off your engine. If you put on the left turn signal and then try and turn right, we turn off your engine. It's fool-proof! You'll be soooo safe! Oh, hey, did we mention how fabuslously gorgeous it looks?" :p

Well I was totally against Vista. But after reading that; I'll take two copies please!

Plum
27/03/2007, 10h13
LOL! :) Well, in that case I should have mentioned I wasn't going to buy the Ultimate version (64-bit). ;)

mayito7777
27/03/2007, 14h01
Hiya.

No, I'll stick with dual booting Windows 2000 and Windows XP Pro 64-bit, thanks. :D

Ah my friend you forgot that they also said "If you use regular gas we will turn off your engine, if you use long beams we will turn off your engine, if you turn the windshield wipers if it is not rainning we will shut down your engine... and it is very pretty too...."

tonytrout
29/03/2007, 15h06
One reviewer here described it as the longest suicide note ever by MS. I dont know much about it but our local guru at work says it has been so bloated by content security stuff to protect cd and DVD copyright that it hogs all the comp resource. I wont be buying it until im eventually forced to upgrade because the 3D apps give up supprting XP I guess.