PDA

Voir la version complète : "It's in the Fraaakkin ship!"

Couerl
19/03/2007, 18h09
Okay, call me a nerd at 40 years of age, but on Sunday's when I get time to watch T.V. I watch Battlestar Galactica and last nights episode was pretty interesting.. The old drunk Colonel was hearing music and the Cylons were tracking them from a "radiation leak" and I'm Just wondering if the Colonel got a tracking device planted in his skull when the Cylons poked his eye out. :ohmy:

Whaddya think? And also, they said the season finally was next week, but how are they gonna explain everything in one episode? Seems to me like there's a lotta explaining to do still.

You guys in Europe get the Sci-Fi channel?

Just curious..

Oh ya, anyone do any BSG models in Hex or something else?
Would love to see.

are
19/03/2007, 20h07
Still on season two here in "Are Manor" so I am a bit behind you ....

Think they over do the camera shake on the space shots and its not as good as Firefly....:)

Piem
19/03/2007, 21h40
The only scifi I like so far is (or was ) Babylon 5..and that's a pretty number of years that I did not watch something that interesting on TV ^^

LoneGunman
20/03/2007, 06h59
Yeah, Babylon 5, that was one of the best SciFi shows ever made. I personally met Mira Furlan (Delenn) few times (some 20 years ago) in Yugoslavia, one of the finest actresses we ever had...

One of the best quotes from it:
"God be between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." Sheridan to Zeta Squadron

Then Farscape came, man, that was really something (huge fan here).

Then I started measuring everything else to those two...:)

I'm also a big fan of X-files, Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, StarTrek Enterprise and (believe it or not) Firefly.

Heroes is also an excellent show, worth watching IMO.

Battlestar Galactica IS currently the best show on Sci-Fi channel, I highly recommend it to everyone :hi:

LoneGunman
20/03/2007, 07h26
Couerl, that is not a biggest question before end of this season, I'm more interested to see which one of them is Cylon, what do you think dude ? :)

Dann-O
21/03/2007, 11h16
Piem ther ei ssoem new Babylon 5 stuff comming out in the near future. B5 and Firefly are my favorites actually have never seen BSG.

Pete Exxtreme
21/03/2007, 12h11
I'm a big fan of Space 1999 (i even modeled the Eagle see here http://forums.polyloop.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=996&c=4&userid=37
http://forums.polyloop.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=995&c=4&userid=37
http://forums.polyloop.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=994&c=4&userid=37 :w00t: )

I have all the DVD... sure it's a bit "smashed" now.. bit i still love it. Otherwise Stargate is pretty good (i have the first 7 seasons on DVD too). Who says it's because of Samantha Carter? :blush: :innocent:

The new Galactica sequels seems promising too AFAIK, but is not shown on "regular" french TV channels

Couerl
21/03/2007, 22h19
Couerl, that is not a biggest question before end of this season, I'm more interested to see which one of them is Cylon, what do you think dude ? :)

I'm not sure, maybe that felix guy (Baltars assistant) because they never held a gun to his head like they did with Baltar or maybe Kira's not dead and she ejected at the last second and there really was a cylon raider that picked her up!

Couerl
21/03/2007, 22h24
I'm a big fan of Space 1999 (i even modeled the Eagle see here http://forums.polyloop.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=996&c=4&userid=37
http://forums.polyloop.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=995&c=4&userid=37
http://forums.polyloop.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=994&c=4&userid=37 :w00t: )

I have all the DVD... sure it's a bit "smashed" now.. bit i still love it. Otherwise Stargate is pretty good (i have the first 7 seasons on DVD too). Who says it's because of Samantha Carter? :blush: :innocent:

The new Galactica sequels seems promising too AFAIK, but is not shown on "regular" french TV channels

I loved that one too, I had the toy Eagle as a kid until my brother crash landed it on the moon and blew it up with M-80's. Those were the days, when a kid could get real fireworks and blast the crap outta stuff. lol

Wim Scheenen
22/03/2007, 00h31
Space 1999, ahh the memories :) . Another golden oldie for me is Blake's 7. Great show, esp. the first two seasons. And their spaceship the Liberator is for me still the slickest design for spacesoaps yet. The new BSG is pretty cool too. Don't spoil too much on the latest series plz, we're one year behind here in Holland :( . Wim

LoneGunman
22/03/2007, 04h50
I'm not sure, maybe that felix guy (Baltars assistant) because they never held a gun to his head like they did with Baltar or maybe Kira's not dead and she ejected at the last second and there really was a cylon raider that picked her up!

I'm betting on Starbacks, for some reason I connect those visions she had as a kid (and drawings) with events in the Temple and 5 final Cylons mystery (I believe she is one of these).

We'll see on Saturday I guess :w00t:

Couerl
22/03/2007, 05h03
Ya, I bet she comes flying in on a cylon raider or something and has a showdown with Lee.

Hmm... Sould be good in any event. :)

LoneGunman
22/03/2007, 05h04
I'm surprised that there is no Farscape fans around here (or maybe they are just lurking). For those who are, here is render of the PulsePistol I modeled in Silo1.4 last month, gave it away as a freebie at DAZ...

Blake's 7 was really excellent show at the time (so it was Space1999, loved the MoonBase, always wanted to model it, but they never released detailed blueprint). Man, I was still in elementary school when those shows were on...

I'm getting old lol

Couerl
22/03/2007, 19h41
I'm surprised that there is no Farscape fans around here (or maybe they are just lurking). For those who are, here is render of the PulsePistol I modeled in Silo1.4 last month, gave it away as a freebie at DAZ...

Blake's 7 was really excellent show at the time (so it was Space1999, loved the MoonBase, always wanted to model it, but they never released detailed blueprint). Man, I was still in elementary school when those shows were on...

I'm getting old lol

There's a lot of cool stuff out there that I'd love to do, but finding good quality blueprints that are suited for 3D modeling on google is hard at best. I end up eyeing stuff out from a single picture most times and it's a lot of guesswork usually. I wish we had a blueprint section somewhere here maybe that people could use. The problem is always copyrights and redistribution and finding those things free and good quality is always a pain.
That's nice of you to give out the pistol, I bet it gets downloaded a jillion times and you'll never see a single render from it. lol
I did the same with my Rickshaw last year and I haven't seen it pop up once even though it took a thousand hits.. :\

(I even made it to scale for little Aiko and textured it for Carrara and everthing)... :~(

LoneGunman
27/03/2007, 09h20
Well, it turned out that Colonel was Cylon all along (and 3 other ones). What a fracking surprise, and he killed his wife becouse she was a collaborator, hehe.

Starbucks is 5th I think.

It was a VERY good episode.

Biggest disappointment was when they announced next season in 2008. Sad...:(

RedSquare
27/04/2007, 00h50
Well, it turned out that Colonel was Cylon all along (and 3 other ones). What a fracking surprise, and he killed his wife becouse she was a collaborator, hehe.

Oh Cheers mate for the above, now I don't have to watch or look forward to the rest. Noice one I don't think! Knickers. :[ I rarely look in here, now I wished I hadn't and will not again.

Grendel
27/04/2007, 04h15
I remember 1999, good show and I liked your Eagle model Pete:)

LG - I watch Heroes as well, a great crossover from comics(which I sued to read allot) to live action/reality.

tonytrout
29/04/2007, 12h25
Dr Who, Lost in space, star trek, battlestar galactica, ahh the memories.

Didnt even realise that there were new episodeds of BSG, I dont get the chance to choose the channel these days :). I kinda liked some of the quirkier ones like Blake 7, and Lexx that was really cool, but maybe that wasnt shown in america, - too much zev for the networks. I never did warm to red dwarf but loved hitchikers guide ti the galaxy. A series I enjoyed lately was tripping the rift, but only the first two seasons which a friend copied and sent over to me, havent seen the rest. Bit of an inspiration really, would like to have a go at something like this. The dont think the series has been on TV here for some strange reason .... or maybe I missed it.
And something local, Xena and Hercules both filmed here for a bit of sword and sorcery fun!

WillBellJr
30/04/2007, 18h45
Space 1999, ahh the memories :) . Another golden oldie for me is Blake's 7. Great show, esp. the first two seasons. And their spaceship the Liberator is for me still the slickest design for spacesoaps yet. The new BSG is pretty cool too. Don't spoil too much on the latest series plz, we're one year behind here in Holland :( . Wim

Ah, another Blake fan - I thought I was the only one left! :hi:

Yeah, that show took you though some stuff boy! They'd introduce characters at the beginning of an episode just to kill'um off a little bit later! Sorta like the "yellow suits" in Star Trek LOL!

I got all 56 episodes on tape and have been transferring them to DVD over time - I wish they'd aire that show again - I'd love to refresh my collection!

-Will

Wim Scheenen
30/04/2007, 21h05
Ah, another Blake fan - I thought I was the only one left! :hi:

Yeah, that show took you though some stuff boy! They'd introduce characters at the beginning of an episode just to kill'um off a little bit later! Sorta like the "yellow suits" in Star Trek LOL!

I got all 56 episodes on tape and have been transferring them to DVD over time - I wish they'd aire that show again - I'd love to refresh my collection!

-Will

Yeahh, they did go through some killin' back then. Although the best death I think remains that of Gan, one of their main characters.

I recently bought the series on DVD. Nice extra with the 3rd set: a miniature Liberator toy. Always wanted to have that, now if only the real thing would fly by :wub: lol .

Wim