PDA

Voir la version complète : Photoshop 3D Paint

bwtr
04/03/2007, 11h55
PhotoshpCS3 Standard, (the beta is fantastic),is apparently to be joined within weeks by a "special/pro" version hinted at containing 3D painting capability.

Anything more about this on the grapevine?

transient
04/03/2007, 14h47
Rumors (http://www.photoshopninja.com/2007/02/photoshop-cs3-more-rumours/)

Ability to open, rotate and place 3D objects in their native file formats such as Maya, 3DMAX and Acrobat as a smart object. Ability to edit textures in Photoshop and reapply to the 3D model.

This would be great. Yet another killer app on the horizon, maybe. 2007 is looking good so far.

jbshorty
04/03/2007, 16h23
i only wonder why it took them so long to finally do it !

E-Z
15/04/2007, 02h28
:arrow: http://www.electriciris.com

bwtr
15/04/2007, 04h07
The electriciris app is a bit premature. Wait until the end of the month when, hopefully,a lot of the bugs will have been fixed.

For those who will have PhotoshopCS3Extended and the Acrobat8 3D version, most 3d painting will be possible.

Ascania
15/04/2007, 06h52
There's also Object Painter (http://www.cameleon-labs.com/index.php?page=8). A bit more affordable.

And from what I've seen in demo videos of CS3, the texture painting seems to lack real-time feedback. You have to savethe texture before themodel gets updated.

bwtr
15/04/2007, 07h41
Yes, and fairly similar apps.

BUT! it is strange that a couple of simple, free apps can simply paint on the 3D object without having to have uv maps!--and they can be simple to use unlike either of these current new ones.

jbshorty
15/04/2007, 08h23
I downloaded Enzo a few weeks ago (Electric Iris) because it claims to paint directly on Rhino Nurbs models (although i don't see how it can be appllied back to the nurbs object in Rhino as it doesn't have nurbs pelt-mapping). But it crashes when i try to open the 3DM file. I know there is a way to fix it, so i will have to come back to play with it when i have time...

shorty

bwtr
15/04/2007, 09h07
shorty. They have promised version 1,01 for the end of the month.

crazy wabbit
15/04/2007, 16h21
Yes, and fairly similar apps.

BUT! it is strange that a couple of simple, free apps can simply paint on the 3D object without having to have uv maps!--and they can be simple to use unlike either of these current new ones.

Can you provide the link to these free programs?

solt
16/04/2007, 01h33
corel photopaint can open 3d object - rotate etc..- since many years .
but it only support the 3DMF format...

crazy wabbit
16/04/2007, 02h02
The way to go is soon to be auto uvmapping, you do not even need to unwrap. Just start to paint. I bet you this will happen soon. Look at modo they have it all figured out for the user.

bwtr
16/04/2007, 04h32
Behzad.
The name of the first one I knew I will remember and advise.(Mentioned frequently on this site)--Very simple direct paint on 3D--at the tip of my tongue!
Smooth Teddy
Sharp Construct
Blender
CB ModelPro
Google SketchUp
TopoGun
Object Painter
Archipelis

All of those have working features , some with 3D paint stuff, that many of the other apps seem to find difficult to provide or at least make hard work of.

crazy wabbit
16/04/2007, 04h42
Thank you bwtr
I will look into them. Thanks

bwtr
16/04/2007, 04h52
And the one I forgot the name--look at first--"Tattoo".

And also blacksmith3d

crazy wabbit
16/04/2007, 05h01
wow thanks, which one is your favorite?

bwtr
16/04/2007, 06h10
All have some "difficulties"!!!!

IF I could master the way Blender works I would probably need no other app perhaps than Photoshop?

If all the good, easy, workings could be included into Carrara OH JOY!

jbshorty
16/04/2007, 15h04
The way to go is soon to be auto uvmapping, you do not even need to unwrap. Just start to paint. I bet you this will happen soon. Look at modo they have it all figured out for the user.

Yup, Modo does automatic UV mapping for many types of object (similar to Nurbs mapping. It's not ideal for all cases, but at least it gives you a good start so you only have to tweak a little bit... The main problem with 2D mapping for 3d objects is that you must have distortions and gaps. I've read journals about data being stored in 3D by using holograms. I think this is the real future of mapping objects. If we could have a map in 3D space, there would be no need for unwrapping, no distortions, no gaps. Just model and texture... :blush:

shorty

bwtr
18/04/2007, 03h30
Todays ZAM3D newsletter and the "White Paper" of the Blend Integration with the Microsoft Expression App makes interesting reading.

E-Z
07/06/2007, 00h23
PhotoshpCS3 Standard, (the beta is fantastic),is apparently to be joined within weeks by a "special/pro" version hinted at containing 3D painting capability.

Anything more about this on the grapevine?

its here http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshopextended
the version is called
Photoshop CS3 Extended

it can import 3D Files :hi:

bwtr
07/06/2007, 02h10
I have had it for a while. For the 3D artist it is only a fairly one way street though. No different than before really. At least one plugin to provide that two way flow are available but not cheap.