PDA

Voir la version complète : What is your new years resolution

crazy wabbit
14/12/2006, 18h23
What is your new years resolution? It has to do with 3d software.

Thomas
14/12/2006, 19h29
well.. trying to use them (the 3D softwares ;))

markbremmer
14/12/2006, 19h47
Trying to use them (3D softwares) for fun instead of work. :D

crazy wabbit
14/12/2006, 20h02
Me too, trying to use carrara and Hex.

jbshorty
14/12/2006, 21h25
i resolve to not buy any new software :shiny:... Just kidding.

I have 2 resolutions for 2007. First is to learn Visual Basic and C++ so i can write and sell plug-ins for Rhino (and possibly Carrara)... And also i have an idea to raise money to buy design software for under-funded schools and students. I'm still thinking of ways to get this accomplished. But i think it will be a kind of hands-up program (you receive help, and then you agree to help someone else). Not sure if i can pull it off, but i'm willing to give it a shot. Will start small, and see what happens.. :hi:

shorty

Couerl
14/12/2006, 22h32
To keep improving my modeling skills and get better at texturing, lighting and animation etc... Oh, and also to make enough money to buy my own tropical Island. :) Erm,.. Well at least put another house on a piece of desert in New Mexico or something. :|

crazy wabbit
14/12/2006, 22h35
OH I forgot, I want to play Raving Rabbids. ...
Crazy game to relax me.

Piem
14/12/2006, 22h49
A woman , and falling again in love :)..the one that kicks your heart forever.

jbshorty
14/12/2006, 23h11
A woman , and falling again in love :)..the one that kicks your heart forever.

This is counter-productive for 3D :p

Piem
14/12/2006, 23h13
A busy woman ..with always something to do ..that would be nice
:)

Couerl
14/12/2006, 23h15
A busy woman ..with always something to do ..

The dishes, you just need to eat more. lol

jbshorty
15/12/2006, 08h23
The dishes, you just need to eat more. lol

i don't know about your house, but somehow i'm always washing the dishes (even when i don't eat the food) :[

Couerl
15/12/2006, 08h31
I'd say something, but I need to learn how to watch my manners more. ;)
That's another goal for 2007. :)

medeamajic
15/12/2006, 14h25
My resolution will be to build a dual SLI system. I have seen a big gian in animation preview performance using a Geforce 7600 GS VS a Geforce FX 5200.

crazy wabbit
15/12/2006, 17h06
i don't know about your house, but somehow i'm always washing the dishes (even when i don't eat the food) :[

I say buy a dishwasher.

jbshorty
15/12/2006, 17h23
I say buy a dishwasher.

I don't think my wife would be happy if there was a 3rd person in the kitchen... Or maybe you're referring to an electric dishwasher? :)

crazy wabbit
15/12/2006, 17h27
you silly, a machine, or just get a crazy rabbid like my avatar.

http://raymanzone.us.ubi.com/ravingrabbids/index.html

jbshorty
15/12/2006, 21h12
you silly, a machine, or just get a crazy rabbid like my avatar.

http://raymanzone.us.ubi.com/ravingrabbids/index.html

sure. He can eat my plates. then i don't have to wash...

corzair
20/12/2006, 17h33
Learn Hex

Learn Amapi

Learn Shade

Learn Carrara

Learn to concentrate

just keep learn' so that by this time next year i'm halfway good at this...

learn if I need other software hmm maybe Lightwave hmmmm

crazy wabbit
20/12/2006, 17h48
Learn Hex

Learn Amapi

Learn Shade

Learn Carrara

Learn to concentrate

just keep learn' so that by this time next year i'm halfway good at this...

learn if I need other software hmm maybe Lightwave hmmmm

Your forgot eating carrots.

Pete Exxtreme
20/12/2006, 23h49
my 3D wish is to produce something decent with my LW9 before the end of 2007....lol :hi:

fabster
21/12/2006, 15h08
1- win the Euromillion (nothing to do with 3d, but you'll soon see where I'm going to...)
2- buy an Aston Martin :wub:
3- buy the biggest mac pro available :wub:
4- quit my job (won't be a problem anyway, I win the lottery at point 1) :p
5- get a serious training on Hex and Amapi :blush2:
6- get a serious training on Zbrush :blush2:
7- find a killer 3D package (I've seen the videos from C4D10 and lightwave, impressive!!!) :w00t:

Of course, after that, I could also buy a D2Xs and a Leica M8, and share my time between 3D and photography

But then, if I don't win the lottery, I'll just stick with my job, my Renault, my d200, buy the bottom of the range mac pro, buy some training DVDs and keep on being a hobbyist in the 3D world... :ermm:
(regarding the Aston Martin, I could just model it then...)

crazy wabbit
21/12/2006, 15h20
(I've seen the videos from C4D10 and lightwave, impressive!!!) :w00t:

Can you share them with us. I really want to see them.

fabster
21/12/2006, 15h46
For C4D10, I've just been to the official site:

http://www.maxon.net/pages/products/cinema4d/cinema4d_e.html

Just take some time to browse the site and particularly the modules. There's some very nice things!

For lightwave, just the same:

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/

There you'll find some pictures. For the videos, I can't remember where it was, but I think I just followed some links from the newtek website, to some lightwave community forum...

crazy wabbit
21/12/2006, 16h06
Sweet, Or I should say Sweet Carrots

Dann-O
23/12/2006, 04h42
Well outside of 3D ther eare two. 1 to grow a thick luxurious head of hair 2. to find a good paying job when I move back to the staes. I know ther eis always one resolution you cannot keep so well if you coudl see my head you will know which one that is.

For 3D to get to know PMG messiah well and be able to do soem of the things I have been wanting to do with it.

jbshorty
23/12/2006, 13h12
1 to grow a thick luxurious head of hair 2. to find a good paying job when I move back to the staes.

Focus on #2, then you can pay for #1. Or spend $1 on a razor and finish what nature started... I just bought a book on Visual Basic, so i can start working on my first goal of writing plug-ins for Rhino. I figured i should start before 2007 begins. No reason to wait until tomorrow... :)

Nate Owens
24/12/2006, 00h33
http://www.nateowens.com/holdit/dogs.jpg
3 of our dishwashers. The other 2 had the day off.

Washing dishes...
We have 5 pup dawgs.
All you have to do is put the dishes on the floor for 2 minutes and you're all set to go for the next meal! :w00t:

3D: I have a quest... like Indianna Jones looking for Shangri-La...

Hexagon
Silo
Modo
Next stop is Mudbox
I have these (except for Mudbox) and... I'm still looking for a software that actually works (seems all of these - haven't done Mudbox yet - have something not working or are still, still, still, under development, or have just been cast aside)

I am the eternal optimist and dreamer

Happy one to all-a-y'all

crazy wabbit
24/12/2006, 00h52
I am good friends with the developer for Mudbox, remember it is an excellent program but it is not a modeling program. It is a displacement mapping one and a good one. Every good for high polly models.

Nate Owens
24/12/2006, 01h04
I am good friends with the developer for Mudbox, remember it is an excellent program but it is not a modeling program. It is a displacement mapping one and a good one. Every good for high polly models. Yer right, mr. wabbit. I love the displacement thing and since it isn't too hot in Hexagon, and zBrush is way over my head, I'm looking at MudBox pretty hard. Modo is promising displacement painting and fixes for the symmetry operation. Silo is coming along, but they have been for ages....

Just have to see what '07 has in store... looks interesting 3D-wise

crazy wabbit
24/12/2006, 03h25
Yer right, mr. wabbit.

Okay you don't believe me. Oh well.

Nate Owens
24/12/2006, 07h52
Okay you don't believe me. Oh well. Not sure why you say that. I know you are right. That is the perplexity.... having different programs to get the job done. I happen to be very fond of what Mudbox is capable of and am planning to get it (that is about all I can say about it).

I know that I will be doing just sculpting with it, and that is what it is made for. It probably does it better than that z-thing (which I can't figure out anyhow)... what a cool tool!

I meant no disrespect or disbelief.
"yer" is slang for "you are"... "You are right..." total agreement.

Mr. wabbit, was a laugh at your avatar and the reference to the carrots in this thread.

LoneGunman
24/12/2006, 08h59
Okay you don't believe me. Oh well.

Are you from New Zealand maybe ? :p

crazy wabbit
24/12/2006, 15h37
I meant no disrespect or disbelief.
"yer" is slang for "you are"... "You are right..." total agreement.

Mr. wabbit, was a laugh at your avatar and the reference to the carrots in this thread.

No probloma My friend, I hope you enjoy the program. I welly want to get a demo, I have to ask if he is going to have one. He showed me the interface in person and all I could say was wow this is very simple but powerful.

Happy holidays. The Wabiit.

crazy wabbit
24/12/2006, 15h38
Are you from New Zealand maybe ? :p

Well I am from Toronto, Canada where Talented Wabbits are plenty to find.

Nichod
25/12/2006, 00h24
Get my blog going, by posting more, including Carrara technology previews and video tutorials.

Related to the first one. But start posting all of the work I've done for my short film up, and get the word out. (done in Carrara).

Finish the skin shader pack for Carrara.

Finish the lighting preset pack for Carrara.

Get enough money from 3. and 4. to buy a new laptop, preferably with QUAD cores.

If I make even more than I expect from 3. and 4. buy 10-20 render nodes and sell render node services for Carrara.

are
27/12/2006, 16h42
1280x1024 ? :)

crazy wabbit
27/12/2006, 17h07
1280x1024 ? :)
Your funny wabbit.
:P

zeekadork
01/01/2007, 04h32
learn more 3d...buy a new computer...play more work less make more money...have more _ _ _!

crazy wabbit
01/01/2007, 04h44
learn more 3d...buy a new computer...play more work less make more money...have more _ _ _!

Are you sure you don't belong to the wabbit family?